Festive Seed Roast - delicious christmas dish

Trinity

YES!
Reaction score
Seed-loaf-main.jpg

On Christmas day a few years back, we all wanted some kind of ‘nut roast’ type thing to enjoy with vegetables, roast potatoes and gravy. I rose to the challenge, feeling inspired to use sunflower seeds, rather than nuts. We were thrilled with the appetizing result. This seed roast is surprisingly light and easy to digest. It serves delightfully with the mushroom gravy recipe and roast veggies. I've created a recipe tuition video so we can go through it step by step, to make sure you come out with a perfect loaf!
Enjoy and please do let me know if you try this.
x

I use greaseproof paper when making cakes even if using a non stick tin. However, when making savoury dishes like soya or nut loaves I just
spray oil onto the tin and the food doesn't stick.
I only use either silicone or non stick tins. I would imagine that if you're using any other kind, you would need to line the tin.

Reactions: Freesia
I use greaseproof paper when making cakes even if using a non stick tin. However, when making savoury dishes like soya or nut loaves I just
spray oil onto the tin and the food doesn't stick.
I only use either silicone or non stick tins. I would imagine that if you're using any other kind, you would need to line the tin.

Yes there are other options too. Thanks for your suggestions.

I love my parchment paper, since I've had too many disasters by using the oil method - especially with the unique recipes that I am sharing. Oil may also burn the edges of some of the more sensitive dishes. I particularly recommend parchment paper in this recipe, because if you flip it out it runs the risk of smashing, especially if it hasn't been pressed together firmly enough before baking. Trying to cover all bases there, so that people trying this dish for the first time have a good experience.

I prefer to avoid the use of non-stick. I'm interested in health (and avoiding the carcinogenic properties of teflon and related products). Silicone is an interesting option that I've had varying degrees of success with :) It works best for the hardy dishes.