Handhelds Cell Phone/Voicemail Issue

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I leave my cellphone off most of the time, mostly to conserve the battery. If someone calls my number when the phone is off, it goes to voicemail. (Maybe some of you have other ways to send incoming calls directly to voicemail.) When I turn my phone on, I should get a kind of beeping notification that I have voicemails waiting.

My concern is this: how long have these voicemails been sitting around before I am notified of them? It seems some of them are not being delivered for hours or days after they were left. I don't keep a log of when I turn on my phone, so this is just an impression.

Do any of you have any concerns about the prompt delivery of your voicemails?

I'm just the opposite. My phone is always turned on. So I have notifications of voicemails immediately after I get them.

I guess you should talk to your cellphone carrier about that.

I should change my voicemail message to "Sucker! If it's important you'll have to phone me back".

99.9% of all the people I leave voicemails for should have that message too.

The whole nature of voicemails seems to be "I'm too important to answer my phone and if you have time to ring me then your not important enough for me to speak to."

I'm just the opposite. My phone is always turned on. So I have notifications of voicemails immediately after I get them.

If your phone is always turned on, how is it that you are getting voicemails as opposed to just getting phone calls?

The only times when the phone is on that voicemails are created are
(1) the phone is in my buttoned shirt pocket and by the time I fish it out of the pocket it has stopped ringing and gone to voicemail, or
(2) I am driving down the interstate highway at 70 miles and hour and the phone rings; I decide it would be too dangerous to try to answer it.

If your phone is always turned on, how is it that you are getting voicemails as opposed to just getting phone calls?

The only times when the phone is on that voicemails are created are
(1) the phone is in my buttoned shirt pocket and by the time I fish it out of the pocket it has stopped ringing and gone to voicemail, or
(2) I am driving down the interstate highway at 70 miles and hour and the phone rings; I decide it would be too dangerous to try to answer it.

This. Or something similar. There are times when I can't answer the phone right away or I'm not near the phone and not aware that someone is calling me, and instead of calling me again and again, the caller just leaves a voicemail. First chance I get though, I always check my phone, and if there's a new voicemail, there an alert on the display telling me about it.

Mine is on all time too since I don't have a landline.
I get voicemails when I'm busy and can't answer the phone, already talking on the phone, or I'm at the checkout or an appointment where it would be rude to answer. I usually have the ringer turned down to one beep in the latter situations so I least know to look at the phone and see if it's an important call that needs to be returned right away.