Can Anyone Help?

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Do your cakes look like the Tower of Pisa, or your muffins like they're having a lava eruption? Do your guests think that they are having a cocktail, but it's actually soup?
Is everyone tied up when you invite them over for dinner?

Do not despair any longer! You have come to the right place if you're in need of help with any of the following cookery problems:

. Tips
. Techniques
. Substitutions
. Ingredient information
. Troubleshooting
. Anything else including recipes !

Can Anyone Help?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy.Stein96
I have 3 kilos of apples and would like to make a dessert as I'm invited out to lunch this Saturday .

I would rather not make either a pie, crumble, crisp or cake. Any ideas ?o_O

I never used to use parchment paper but I’m starting to. Is it normal for it to turn brown if I’m baking something at 450°F? I’m always afraid it’s going to catch fire even though it says safe up to 500°F.

I never used to use parchment paper but I’m starting to. Is it normal for it to turn brown if I’m baking something at 450°F? I’m always afraid it’s going to catch fire even though it says safe up to 500°F.

It does tend to brown if you use a high oven temperature. However, as it is used to bake cake, it should not burn only go slightly brown around the edges.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
;) What are you going to bake ? I made a brownie yesterday.
Nothing interesting lol. I was baking some frozen veggie burgers and my son destroyed the baking pan so I wanted to put something between the burgers and the pan, hahahahaha.

I have a tin of green Jackfruit that I bought at TJ's and would like to make something tasty with it.

Any ideas ?🍽😋

I have a tin of green Jackfruit that I bought at TJ's and would like to make something tasty with it.

Any ideas ?🍽😋
I think you'll love these, I do!
I've only done them in oven, but can see where a grill would be great.
I use parchment paper to line the cookie sheet, tried just a film of oil and the kinda stuck.
I've done slightly diluted bottled bbq sauce, as well as with teriyaki sauce with some ginger.
The texture is amazing. I just noticed I don't follow the recipe for cooking the jackfruit- I rinse the jackfruit then cover with water and simmer for maybe 10-15 min (I actually use my Instant Pot for 5 on pressure), then drain and flake with a fork and add to other ingredients

I've used peanut butter, but prefer almond butter. Tahini would be ok too if you like it

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas and Val