Can Anyone Help?

Does canned pumpkin just taste terrible-or did I get a bad can?
Making pumpkin bread with a can of organic Walnut Creek that I got on discount, but well within expire date. I love cooked fresh pumpkin, and rarely use canned, but did not expect this to taste so bad!
Thinking about it, it tastes more like butternut squash, which I dislike!

Does canned pumpkin just taste terrible-or did I get a bad can?
Making pumpkin bread with a can of organic Walnut Creek that I got on discount, but well within expire date. I love cooked fresh pumpkin, and rarely use canned, but did not expect this to taste so bad!
Thinking about it, it tastes more like butternut squash, which I dislike!
I always use canned pumpkin and never had a problem. The one time I made a pie with fresh pumpkin I honestly didn't find it to be any better so I never bothered again as it's too much trouble using fresh.

I always use canned pumpkin and never had a problem. The one time I made a pie with fresh pumpkin I honestly didn't find it to be any better so I never bothered again as it's too much trouble using fresh.
Huh. I feel like I've been through this before, but I know I have used cheap canned pumpkin without issue
I seem to often have problems with organic stuff :shrug:
I used Fullofplants recipe. My gold standard is Robin Robertson

I really want pie pumpkins now! I like pumpkin the way most people like winter squash, which I dislike

It's edible.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
When I had access to Trader Joe's I liked their canned pumpkin.
I've even had good luck with generic store brands.
I always liked pumpkin/spice but this year, I seem to be a little turned off to it...can't seem to get into the pumpkin spice lattes like I used to, or pumpkin bread. But pie is still very appealing. I just need to cut it a bit with whipped cream or ice cream on top. But I always needed to do that. Or pumpkin cheesecake! I like that too.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I need a vagabond Royal icing recipe.
Has anyone had luck with a particular recipe? Either using real gingerbread or graham crackers?

I found a couple online but I'm not sure how good they are. I'll post them so you can see...let me know what you think. I'd love something super easy that doesn't involve whipping aquafaba lol.

Can anyone recommend UK style bangers that are available in the US?
Maybe this helps.

According to the author you can use any brand of sausage. I've tired quite a few and my favorite is Field Grain. All the field grains sausages are "flavored". So maybe they won't work as well for Bangers. Beyond and Impossible are rated at the top for sausages. I've had them both and prefer Beyond.
There are also from scratch recipes you can google.

Can anyone recommend UK style bangers that are available in the US?
The site Lou referenced doesn't say what kind of Beyond. I love Beyond! They are most like meat sausage in texture than Field Roast, which is more seitan like. There is Beyond Brats as well as Hot Italian and sweet. I most like the hot Italian, and also like the Brats, which have the usual Polish sausage taste, like mild fennel seeds, and mild. I disliked the sweet Italian, which I remember as mostly fennel.
Beyond can also be broken up like meat sausage. It has a edible casing

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
The site Lou referenced doesn't say what kind of Beyond. I love Beyond! They are most like meat sausage in texture than Field Roast, which is more seitan like. There is Beyond Brats as well as Hot Italian and sweet. I most like the hot Italian, and also like the Brats, which have the usual Polish sausage taste, like mild fennel seeds, and mild. I disliked the sweet Italian, which I remember as mostly fennel.
Beyond can also be broken up like meat sausage. It has a edible casing

Thank you. ;) I`m just going out as we have a car tire issue.
Will read it later on.

I saw the Beyond Meat ones in Sprout`s but they are giant and look like they are dense. I don`t care for Field Roast ones as they don`t taste very good and are also dense in texture. I have tried various brands including TJ`s but none of them compare to British vegan bangers.

What's up the word "scrummy"? I keep seeing it used for food, like a cross between yummy and........? 🤔:dismay:
Holds no appeal for me

I tried sautéing Field Roast Apple Sage sausages in a little bit of oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. just before they are done I add mustard and sauerkraut.
This is my new favorite.
I'm going to make some mashed potatoes tonight just for this.

scrummy - too close to scummy

I tried sautéing Field Roast Apple Sage sausages in a little bit of oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. just before they are done I add mustard and sauerkraut.
This is my new favorite.
I'm going to make some mashed potatoes tonight just for this.

scrummy - too close to scummy

I do love those too, I usually warm them whole (without oil) and then slice them after - either way works as they are delicious. FYI heating sauerkraut over 115 degrees F can destroy the benefits so I usually just let it sit out to warm up at room temperature before adding to my meal.
Mashed potatoes!! yum!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
I'm going to make mashed potatoes tomorrow too! I have some Maris Piper and some red Rooster potatoes left over that I won't use on Christmas day.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15