Can Anyone Help? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be using this to make the muffins. Wheat Bran, Unprocessed - Millers Bran

I think I'm going to try the recipe on the box and replace the eggs with ground flax seeds, and add tons of raisins.

I saw a few recipes for carrot cake bran muffins which I think I need to try one making one day.

Reactions: KLS52
This is one of the recipes I use to make bran muffins. I use a blend of spelt and oat flour instead of white flour. I add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and substitute the apple purée for either prune, pear or peach purée. I also sub the sugar with a blend of coconut sugar and stevia.
My mum used to make Canadian refrigerator bran & raisin muffins. The batter would keep for up to a week and she would bake them in the morning. The best bran muffins that I've ever tasted !

Easy Vegan Raisin Bran Muffins - Loving It Vegan

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
This is one of the recipes I use to make bran muffins. I use a blend of spelt and oat flour instead of white flour. I add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and substitute the apple purée for either prune, pear or peach purée. I also sub the sugar with a blend of coconut sugar and stevia.
My mum used to make Canadian refrigerator bran & raisin muffins. The batter would keep for up to a week and she would bake them in the morning. The best bran muffins that I've ever tasted !

Easy Vegan Raisin Bran Muffins - Loving It Vegan
This looks good too!

Now I have to decide which recipe I want to use, lol.

This looks good too!

Now I have to decide which recipe I want to use, lol.

I think that I'm going to try my mum's refrigerator recipe. They were by far the best bran muffins that I have tasted.
Muffins are quite easy to make and are great when you want a sweetish fairly low calorie treat. ;)

I never make muffins anymore. I remember the last times they stuck really bad to the papers.
I do have a dishwasher now, so maybe I should just ditch the papers? o_O ;)

I never make muffins anymore. I remember the last times they stuck really bad to the papers.
I do have a dishwasher now, so maybe I should just ditch the papers? o_O ;)
That is exactly my plan when I decide to make them...no papers!

I made some for breakfast and they were as delicious as I remember. :) The recipe on the box was more complicated than I expected but the muffins came out great so I guess I can't complain too much.

Glad your muffins came out good, CG. I still may make mine. I’ve also been waiting for a friend who was supposed to come at 1 o’clock to pick something up. She texted to ask if 2 was ok and just texted again to say 3. I didn’t want to get involved in anything until after she came. So I basically wasted two hours waiting for her. She never was reliable so I’m not surprised. She’s a good friend in every other way, though, so she’s worth it.

I did it! I’m more excited that I got off my lazy butt to do it lol. I googled the Kellogg’s Raisin Bran recipe, just because. Then I went crazy...I used half The Vegg and half Neat Egg for the egg replacement. Then for flour I used 1/4 each of sorghum, oat and almond and 1/2 cup of spelt. The one mistake I made was not measuring the sweetener. It called for 1/2 cup of sugar so I used coconut sugar and a stevia blend and they are too sweet which is odd for me to say. I think it was too much stevia and there’s an aftertaste. I wanted to eat them with a little jam but they are sweet enough and jam would be overkill. But they are definitely good and I will try them again, exactly the same way, maybe omitting the stevia altogether.

I used my silicone cupcake holders that I got for Christmas. I like the flower imprint. You can’t really see the heart and the others are just plain so I left them right side up.
DB717AC6-53F4-4601-92CC-9DF9141A0FB2.jpeg

Reactions: Calliegirl
I did it! I’m more excited that I got off my lazy butt to do it lol. I googled the Kellogg’s Raisin Bran recipe, just because. Then I went crazy...I used half The Vegg and half Neat Egg for the egg replacement. Then for flour I used 1/4 each of sorghum, oat and almond and 1/2 cup of spelt. The one mistake I made was not measuring the sweetener. It called for 1/2 cup of sugar so I used coconut sugar and a stevia blend and they are too sweet which is odd for me to say. I think it was too much stevia and there’s an aftertaste. I wanted to eat them with a little jam but they are sweet enough and jam would be overkill. But they are definitely good and I will try them again, exactly the same way, maybe omitting the stevia altogether.

I used my silicone cupcake holders that I got for Christmas. I like the flower imprint. You can’t really see the heart and the others are just plain so I left them right side up.
View attachment 13829

They look really nice. ;)

When substituting stevia it is always a bit of a hit and miss at first .
It depends if you are using pure Stevia or the one that is bulked with additives. A cup of sugar = either 1/2 or 1 tsp of stevia depending on the type used. It's virtually impossible to have an aftertaste if you use the right amount as the other ingredients usually overpower any aftertaste. I usually use brands that have blends of xylitol and stevia plus I add some coconut sugar to most of my recipes.

https://sweetleaf.com/stevia-conversion-chart/

They actually taste so much better today! No real after-taste at all. It was pure stevia...I have the liquid. Maybe because they were warm. Son loved them and also said they tasted better once they were cooled off. I’m definitely going to go another round. I asked him to eat most of these, because, well, counting points and all, lol. But I just had one with my breakfast. I even calculated the calories/points for one...90 calories but 4 freakin points because of the coconut sugar and oil, I imagine. Maybe I’ll try halving the oil and using applesauce, even though I don’t usually like baked goods with no oil. So maybe halving it will still be ok.

They actually taste so much better today! No real after-taste at all. It was pure stevia...I have the liquid. Maybe because they were warm. Son loved them and also said they tasted better once they were cooled off. I’m definitely going to go another round. I asked him to eat most of these, because, well, counting points and all, lol. But I just had one with my breakfast. I even calculated the calories/points for one...90 calories but 4 freakin points because of the coconut sugar and oil, I imagine. Maybe I’ll try halving the oil and using applesauce, even though I don’t usually like baked goods with no oil. So maybe halving it will still be ok.

Yogurt or and soya cream make good substitues if you don't want to use oil. I really like cakes made with oil.

I somehow have a lot of lemons & a lot of garlic cloves... any ideas on what I could make using both?? Other than garlic-stuffed lemons...? :p

I rarely use lemon in anything (vegan-cheese, that's it), but I always use some form of garlic... I thought about maybe a tangy-garlic-citrus-roasted-Brussels sprouts kinda thing... asparagus perhaps... but where do I take it after that? Pasta? Rice noodles? What would go well?

I somehow have a lot of lemons & a lot of garlic cloves... any ideas on what I could make using both?? Other than garlic-stuffed lemons...? :p

I rarely use lemon in anything (vegan-cheese, that's it), but I always use some form of garlic... I thought about maybe a tangy-garlic-citrus-roasted-Brussels sprouts kinda thing... asparagus perhaps... but where do I take it after that? Pasta? Rice noodles? What would go well?
I just love the combo of lemon, garlic, & nooch! On veggies, in all kinds of things with lentils, mix up with Just Mayo for a great sandmich spread, hummus of course, white beans with some parsley, tabboleh, tempeh, tofu, greens of all kinds whether raw or cooked, all kinds of grains
And take advantage of the cut squeezed lemons to clean with. I have a white formica countertop and can't believe I haven't stained it from red and green thing! Let baking soda paste sit a while then rub with lemon and let fizz and sit more - it's all gone! Some olive oil (that got old) rubbed on wood, and buffed with a cloth, and on stainless steel

Reactions: MadamSarcastra

Roasted cauliflower - I always use lemon and garlic for that.

If worst comes to worst with the lemons, you can always juice them and freeze the juice for later use, in baking, sorbet, etc.

Garlic I use in practically everything, from soups to pesto to sauces to sauteed vegetables.

I dig the freezing idea, and I got to thinkin'.... I'm gonna finely chop a bunch of the garlic in the Zyliss, hopefully squeeze a bunch of lemons without totally killing my hands... and I'm gonna try to make a garlic/lemon/white wine reduction (concentrate) and then freeze it all in an ice cube tray. :)

This'll probably happen Saturday... the lemons will be juicier & I won't have anything to do. LOL :p

Roasted cauliflower - I always use lemon and garlic for that.

If worst comes to worst with the lemons, you can always juice them and freeze the juice for later use, in baking, sorbet, etc.

Garlic I use in practically everything, from soups to pesto to sauces to sauteed vegetables.
Yes! I think they're on sale at Aldi again. I should blend them and freeze in ice cube trays! I do love lemon water, and in green tea. Fresh is so much better.

And lemon-aid!

Status
Not open for further replies.