Can Anyone Help? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you would have to use fruit that is firm and not too juicy you would have little choice.
You could try slightly underipe bananas or chunks of pineapple. I can't think of any other fruit that is firm and
doesn't grow on a tree !:???:

Seedless grapes would work well with toffee !

Reactions: Everleigh
Toffee grapes sounds like fun! They grow on trees but I'm not allergic to them :) Pineapple sounds a bit gross, but a good idea in terms of texture. Thanks Shyvas!

Toffee grapes sounds like fun! They grow on trees but I'm not allergic to them :) Pineapple sounds a bit gross, but a good idea in terms of texture. Thanks Shyvas!

It's been donkey years since I had a toffee apple. I used to love them when I was a fair and it was part of the fun. :D

Reactions: SummerRain
I was going to make toffee apples... and then I remembered I'm allergic to apples :fp: (can't believe I forgot). I am allergic to most fruits that grow on trees (when raw)... are there any other fruits that might taste nice toffee'd, ones I could maybe eat? Banana might taste nice but I'm not sure if it's too soft/quick to go off when pealed? Any ideas?

Frozen toffee bananas!!!!

I have 3 bags of spinach.Does anyone know if I can freeze it?

If not what could I do to keep it from going bad?

I don't think you can freeze it raw, but you can definitely freeze it if you blanch or steam it first. :)

I've frozen raw spinach before, but only used it in smoothies after. Was perfectly fine for that application.
Sounds good,Renee.Unfortunately, your a little late.I'll have to remember that for the next time I get massive spinach.:p:D

I have a tin problem. I wanted to make several christmas cakes tomorrow in a new multi-way tin I bought, but the tin doesn't fit in the oven (doh). So now I just have one large round tin it'll fit in - but I wanted a square tin/several tins so that I can portion it into 4-6 little cakes to give away to people as gifts. Any bright ideas?

I thought about cutting it into six slices, and icing each one. I thought it was a cute idea but it might be a bit icing-heavy for people, and the cake might be too crumbly when I slice it for it to look tidy. Any thoughts?

I really want to get it done tomorrow so it gets a good 3 months to mature. I don't want to fork out for another tin if I don't have to...

I have a tin problem. I wanted to make several christmas cakes tomorrow in a new multi-way tin I bought, but the tin doesn't fit in the oven (doh). So now I just have one large round tin it'll fit in - but I wanted a square tin/several tins so that I can portion it into 4-6 little cakes to give away to people as gifts. Any bright ideas?

I thought about cutting it into six slices, and icing each one. I thought it was a cute idea but it might be a bit icing-heavy for people, and the cake might be too crumbly when I slice it for it to look tidy. Any thoughts?

I really want to get it done tomorrow so it gets a good 3 months to mature. I don't want to fork out for another tin if I don't have to...

I would suggest that you try making Fiona Cairn's ( she really is the Queen of cake decorating) mini Christmas parcels using a plain square tin. The parcels looks so elegant and dainty compared to a slice of cake. Furthermore, I made a vegan Christmas cake last year and found that the texture was very crumbly.

Did you purchase the multi-way tin from Lakeland's ? They have so many original cake tins and accessories.

Anyway, I find that your idea is a great way to give an original gift to family and friends !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...-princely-pudding-Christmas-parcel-cakes.html

article-0-1604F646000005DC-877_634x629.jpg

Yes, that is what I was going to do (or something like that anyway) but I don't have a big square tin, that was the problem, the multiway one doesn't fit in my oven. :(

Yes, that is what I was going to do (or something like that anyway) but I don't have a big square tin, that was the problem, the multiway one doesn't fit in my oven. :(

You can get square tins at either Wilkinson's (really cheap) 99 P stores, £land or Sainsbug's.

Sigh, well like I said I didn't want to have to buy new tins, but I think I will. I was hoping someone would have a good idea of something else I could use, or something.

Sigh, well like I said I didn't want to have to buy new tins, but I think I will. I was hoping someone would have a good idea of something else I could use, or something.

If you're planning on making mini round cakes, you could use small baked bean tins.

You can however buy a square cake tin for £1. Why don't you go to charity shops and see whether they have cheaper ones ?

You could also just use someon else's oven to bake the cake using your tin.

Reactions: SummerRain
Status
Not open for further replies.