Bugs - Not for the Squeamish

Butterfly decided it like my chives too:

019.jpg

023.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

Reactions: FortyTwo and Rosie1
I have no idea...all I know is I kept trying to get him to leave but he wasn't cooperating. He finally settled in an out of the way spot so I was able to just let him be.

I use What's That Bug a lot, when I can't figure out what I have taken a picture of. Sometimes they accept your photos and add them to the site, or send them on to other sites for submission, with your permission, of course.

Reactions: FortyTwo
:D I don't think I had noticed the buttface before. lol

While technically not a bug, I didn't know where to post this photo a roly poly/wood louse/pill bug. We only ever have grey ones here so I was surprised to see the white. At first I thought it was because it had just molted, but I don't know.
4073957216_355962b05a_b.jpg

:D I don't think I had noticed the buttface before. lol

While technically not a bug, I didn't know where to post this photo a roly poly/wood louse/pill bug. We only ever have grey ones here so I was surprised to see the white. At first I thought it was because it had just molted, but I don't know.
4073957216_355962b05a_b.jpg
I have never seen one that color! I bet it did just molt. Do they molt? I think so...

Holy moly...is that bug sitting on your hand while you're taking that picture?? I've come a, long, long way (thanks to the enlightenment of members from VB and now VV) in desensitizing myself and not freaking out regarding bugs, spiders, etc., but not sure I'd be able to have that one in my hand, lol.

Holy moly...is that bug sitting on your hand while you're taking that picture?? I've come a, long, long way (thanks to the enlightenment of members from VB and now VV) in desensitizing myself and not freaking out regarding bugs, spiders, etc., but not sure I'd be able to have that one in my hand, lol.

Aww, it's just a pill millipede. They don't bite or anything. :3

Holy moly roly poly! Yepyep, he/she was crawling around on my palm. It's hard to hold a bug and try to focus the camera on them while they are whizzing around. Only one other shot was halfway decent. Their little legs tickle! I watched him crawl around for a while and then took him back outside.

And here's a dragonfly :)
3603314023_ceb71e0570_z.jpg

After reading comments on some articles about bugs (namely the one in the Dragonfly Video topic) I've realized that I'm not crazy. Dragonflies must actually like to hang around humans and pose for pictures! It seems that whenever we encounter one, it hangs around long enough to let us get good pictures. When it flies away, it always comes back to the same spot. This goes on until we leave, when it will simply fly away.

Obviously it can't be aware of the camera, but has anyone else noticed this natural curiosity for humans in dragonflies?