Bugs - Not for the Squeamish

That same morning, I also rescued a bug from an awful, awful death by ferocious ants. I wasn't sure the adorable bug would make it, but it sure did! Phew.

33yovix.jpg
You posted this some time ago, but I think your rescue is some sort of weevil, going by the shape of their face. As you probably know, this family of beetles is quite common.

ETA: I don't have any pix, but I saw some earwigs hanging out in a milkweed plant in my yard. They love to hang out in my Romaine lettuce, but these had squeezed themselves into some young leaves that hadn't opened fully yet.

I was surprised she stood still for so long while I took a ton of pictures trying to get a non blurry one (crappy point and shoot camera). I was able to hold the camera about an inch or two away and she didn't budge, usually the widows run and hide when I get that close. There was a second one nearby, but that one ran as soon as I got about a foot away.

widow01.jpg

Grasshopper! One of my fave insects these days! (I even avoid doing Tai Chi on my lawn at night during the warm months to avoid stepping on them. But once the frost comes I'll be doing it there.)

Reactions: KLS52
He was cool the way he was climbing up the window.