British V American Food Terminology

Reactions: SummerRain
That's an excellent link Annia, that last one! I especially love the definition of Banoffee pie.

I spend so much time on google because of this thread. :p

It looks like those are similar to our thumbprint cookies.
:no: They don't look quite the same to me..

1156783810jammydodger.jpg

You poor deprived Americans! :p

This thread has me wanting to go to World Market to look for British foods! They were out of the Heinz beans last time I was there, must go look for them again. I'll also look for Jammy Dodgers.
I'm angry they changed around their food displays, though. Everything used to be categorized by country, but now it's by food type. It's harder to find specific things now. :(

I remember getting some at the bakery when I was young that looked similar to these:
6a010536f37aeb970b0133f316632a970b-450wi

Instant craving.

This thread has me wanting to go to World Market to look for British foods! They were out of the Heinz beans last time I was there, must go look for them again. I'll also look for Jammy Dodgers.
I'm angry they changed around their food displays, though. Everything used to be categorized by country, but now it's by food type. It's harder to find specific things now. :(

So you have to ask the staff where stuff is? "Excuse me, do you have a spotted dick?" Go on, do it :D

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
The biscuit bit is so fake? I don't know how to explain it. It doens't seem edible. :p & the sweetness of it tastes weird and fake too.

I do like the chocolate ones though...

Flan rhymes with lawn.

And now I understand the lyric, "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!" It brings back bad memories of being forced to eat meat as a child. I really didn't like it, but I wasn't allowed to fill up on "side dishes" and had to finish my meat if I wanted any "dessert".

Can anyone help translate this recipe for me please.
I would use google but I dont trust it after it gave me the wrong conversion (from cups to Oz last time)
Thanks...

3/4 cup vegan margarine

1 cup peanut butter

--(If you're using "natural" peanutbutter, this works best with as little oil as possible stirred into it. This is a great recipe for that dry crumbly stuff in the bottom of the jar)

2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar

--(Yes, it's possible to find non-bone-char -vegan- confectioners sugar)

1 cup chocolate chips (vegan if you prefer)

1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)