British V American Food Terminology

170 g margarine

260 g PB

630 ml con. sugar

250 ml (175 g) chocolate chips

125 ml chopped peanuts

According to the conversion app on my mac (the one that came preloaded), 8 U.S. ounces converts to 226.8 grams.

ETA: 8 oz is a cup...so 1 cup would be 226.8 grams.

333 g

And I had to use Google, since cups are a measurement of volume, and not all things have the same specific weight.

In the U.S. liquid oz are by volume, dry goods are oz by weight. All the things on her list are dry goods, so – assuming my computer is correct – it should be right.

175 g vegan butter
175 g peanut butter
130 g sugar
180 g chocolate
75 g chopped peanuts

the amount of sugar is 2/3 cups ? If the recipe states 2 2/3 Cups of sugar the amount in
grams is 340 g

Are you making peanut butter cups

Er, no. 1 cup powdered sugar would be 8 oz.

Different culinary sugars have different densities due to differences in particle size and inclusion of moisture.
The Domino Sugar Company has established the following volume to weight conversions:[85]
  • Brown sugar 1 cup = 48 teaspoons ~ 195 g = 6.88 oz
  • Granular sugar 1 cup = 48 teaspoons ~ 200 g = 7.06 oz
  • Powdered sugar 1 cup = 48 teaspoons ~ 120 g = 4.23 oz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar#Measurements

I'm sorry, envy. But a cup is a cup is a cup, no matter how you slice it. I grew up using American baking/cooking measurements, I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
The problem is that an 8 oz. volume of something like flour or sugar isn't actually going to weigh 8 ounces on a scale. That's why so many people from outside America are driven nuts by American recipes.

I'm sorry, envy. But a cup is a cup is a cup, no matter how you slice it. I grew up using American baking/cooking measurements, I know what I'm talking about.

How is a cup of a substance with a certain density equal to a cup of something with a different density?

175 g vegan butter
175 g peanut butter
130 g sugar
180 g chocolate
75 g chopped peanuts

the amount of sugar is 2/3 cups ? If the recipe states 2 2/3 Cups of sugar the amount in
grams is 340 g

Are you making peanut butter cups
Peanutbutter fudge :)

The problem is that an 8 oz. volume of something like flour or sugar isn't actually going to weigh 8 ounces on a scale. That's why so many people from outside America are driven nuts by American recipes.

We're Americans. Nothing we do makes sense, and we have to make everything as difficult as possible. Why because MURRICA, that's why! MURRICA, F*CK YEAH!

Is that why you always eat fast food instead of making your own food?

1355767264255.jpg