UK Brexit - should the UK leave the EU?

I just read this interesting comment on a newspaper site:

bettysenior 8:31pm Tue 3 May 16

No political party can be trusted on the NHS and that is a fact, as they have all signed up in principle to the toxic TTIP trade agreement. 100s of thousands of jobs will go in the NHS for one when privatised by the EU. For the NHS and the EU Referendum has more ‘future’ implications than what people presently perceive.

Indeed, there is a lot of controversy concerning the effect that the proposed TTIP (TransAtlantic Trade & Investment Partnership) with the EU and USA will have on the UK's NHS. But where the NHS is not exempt from the treaty and where it is basically for corporate entities to trade with each other. Some say that the NHS will be made a special case by the EU and will not be allowed to be privatised. But others say that it will, as the EU never gives long-term guarantees. Indeed the power to exclude is not in the hands of British politicians, but the EU and they will determine this fact after the TTIP is signed. But one thing is for sure, if the UK was out of the EU, the NHS would predominantly stay in public hands. The reason, it would be political suicide for any political party if Cameron or say even Corbyn, decided that the NHS was to be privatised. For if any government did this, the British people would never forgive them and that political party would most probably be in the political wilderness for a very long time indeed and possibly never return. Therefore it appears that the only way to conserve the NHS in public hands, is to vote out on 23 June 2016, as left to the EU’s TTIP dictates, the NHS would in all probabilities eventually be privatised. For the EU-US trade treaty makes it very clear, ‘Monopolies’ just cannot exist and where the NHS is the largest monopoly of services within one sector of the EU by far. Therefore the British people will have to think very carefully when they vote, as there are all manner of life-changing issues to take into account with the Referendum vote and where the survival of the NHS, just being one. The question is therefore, do the people want to keep the NHS as it currently is, or do they want the NHS to be ultimately privatised. That is a big decision in itself, as we all know.

‘NHS ‘Will’ Disappear if the UK ‘Stays in’ the EU, But will be ‘Retained’ if We EXIT – The ‘Stay-In’ Vote will Destroy the NHS’ -
http://worldinnovationfoundation.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/nhs-will-disappear-if-uk-stays-in-eu.html

LETTER: With EU referendum, PCC and district council elections looming - using your vote has never been more important

So the NHS would be considered a monopoly by the EU if TTIP was signed..?

My suggestion would be - if you are unclear on the relative merits of both options - to look at the people advocating for and against it.

While I am not really familiar with who in the UK is supporting BREXIT and who is opposing it, my gut feeling is that many of the supporters are more driven by nationalist and narrow-minded motives.

Register to vote:
Use this service to apply to register to vote or to:

update your name, address or other details on the electoral register
change your voting preferences, eg to vote in person or by post
change whether you’re on the open register

It usually takes about 5 minutes.

You may need the following, if you have them:

your National Insurance number
your passport if you’re a British citizen living abroad

You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums.

If you aren’t already registered to vote, you must register by 7 June if you want to vote in the EU referendum on 23 June.
Register to vote - GOV.UK

What do you think the result will be? Do you think they will leave the union? Tbh, I was surprised they joined in the first place.
I think some of the latest polls show the "remain" option is just slightly ahead, though other recent polls have had the "leave" option ahead. Anyway, the differences are small, possibly within the margin of error. However, it's not a given that those who support EU membership will actually bother to go out and vote to the same extent as those who prefer the UK leaves the union. Personally, at the moment I suspect the result of the referendum will be a relatively close. It doesn't seem right that such a difficult question with such wide-reaching and long-term consequences should be decided by such small margins.

Reactions: ledboots
. It doesn't seem right that such a difficult question with such wide-reaching and long-term consequences should be decided by such small margins.

You make I good point IS , that major decisions/referendums , could be made by 50.01% , and that's without the % that wont bother to vote . I have always felt it should be made by minimum 70/30 or maybe 60/40 when so much is at stake .

As for brexit , well that's for the voters to decide , its nothing to do with me .:)

my postal vote came yesterday...........I dunno what to vote....I think the EU is a bit of a corporate monster, but I think leaving would leave us in the hands of little Englander who also would do big business's bidding. So I may not vote.

my postal vote came yesterday...........I dunno what to vote....I think the EU is a bit of a corporate monster, but I think leaving would leave us in the hands of little Englander who also would do big business's bidding. So I may not vote.

Perhaps the following link may help you to make up your mind. I don't think that it is a good thing not to cast a vote. I always vote when given the chance.

The UK's EU referendum: All you need to know - BBC News

UKs farmers will be really f*@ked up if the UK leaves EU - hello Norwegian food prices! :D
In the long run, it seems financially the UK might be better off leaving. All the refugees pouring into Europe will surely be a huge expense, plus shoring up the struggling economies like Greece's. On the other hand, remaining in the EU would be good safety-wise because having allies so close by is strategically a good thing. Not an easy decision, I expect.

I'm still voting to remain. I will be glad when it's over as both sides of the debate are being ridiculous with the scaremongering.

I'm still voting to remain. I will be glad when it's over as both sides of the debate are being ridiculous with the scaremongering.

I'm certain that the IN vote will win. Only because of the majority of people are scared of any kind of change.

I would have voted out if I was still living in the UK.

I'm certain that the IN vote will win. Only because of the majority of people are scared of any kind of change.

I would have voted out if I was still living in the UK.

I've looked at the arguments to leave and I don't find them very convincing. People will vote for economic reasons and it feels much safer to stay rather than leave and risk a recession.

It seems to me that the leave people are much more passionate than the remain.