Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
today is beans on toast day - an appetizer of grapefruit and banana sliced - onions and fresh jalapenos in a pot on the stove with cumin, paprika, garlic powder, sauted in jalapeno/caper brine, a can of tomato breakfast beans - 2 slices toast so as to make a sandwich on the plate, a side of facon tempeh

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden and Ger
I had the homemade veggie "hot dogs" from my last post in the Dinner thread, with wholemeal bread, and either salsa or ketchup and cabbage for both breakfast and lunch.

Reactions: Emma JC
Breakfast today was high fiber whole grain toast with a homemade blueberry
jam (blueberries, water, raw sugar), and also vegan scrambled "eggs"
(pre-soaked and cooked Great Northern Beans, water, onion, salt, turmeric,
pepper blended then cooked).

What did you eat for breakfast today?

:grinning:
This is actually one of my favorite topics to discuss. Usually in the morning first I like to have refreshment either tea or coffee.
Well, today I have a sandwich with orange juice.

two cups of frozen berries, thawed, mixed with 2 sliced bananas and sprinkled with some walnuts and peanut butter powder plus a side of cinnamon/raison sprouted toast plain

Emma JC

Noodles, my homemade vegan sausages, lettuce, corn, broccoli, mushrooms and sauce.

Sauce is: Water, Tahini, a variety of spices and salt.

Today's breakfast was so good.

A few berries with sliced banana for the juice/appetizer.

One each apple/sage Field Roast Sausage (thanks @Lou they were delicious), potato pancakes, toast, breakfast beans with onion and jalapeno added.

Emma JC

Reactions: HappyRoxy
Today's breakfast was so good.

A few berries with sliced banana for the juice/appetizer.

One each apple/sage Field Roast Sausage (thanks @Lou they were delicious), potato pancakes, toast, breakfast beans with onion and jalapeno added.

Emma JC
That sounds really good! I have seen those sausages at the special vegan store in the city that I live near to. They're pretty expensive, so it's good to know that they probably won't be a waste of money.

That sounds really good! I have seen those sausages at the special vegan store in the city that I live near to. They're pretty expensive, so it's good to know that they probably won't be a waste of money.

Field Roast is a Seattle based company. If they have to be shipped all the way to Australia then you are paying for a lot of extra expenses. Especially since they have to be frozen. I don't know - maybe they have an Australian processing plant. If not, I would try to find a locally made sausage. Besides being cheaper you would be supporting a local company. Also, the carbon footprint would be smaller.

Field Roast is a Seattle based company. If they have to be shipped all the way to Australia then you are paying for a lot of extra expenses. Especially since they have to be frozen. I don't know - maybe they have an Australian processing plant. If not, I would try to find a locally made sausage. Besides being cheaper you would be supporting a local company. Also, the carbon footprint would be smaller.
I agree. They are sold frozen, and shipped from a long way. I can always try them when I visit the USA next time.

They may be a bit expensive ($9 CAD for a pack of 4 here) however they are filling and so we often just have one each with lots of veggies, greens and starches so really just over $2 for the "meat" portion of the meal is not expensive. The apple/sage ones are particularly filling and we had the other two last night with sauerkraut, sweet potato, broccoli. We like to put the Italian ones on pizza in place of pepperoni and again use just one each so quite cost effective.

Emma JC

I think I pay about $6 for a package of 4. The new Beyond Meat sausages are almost $10 for 4.

I only buy the Apple Sage ones. The Italian are too spicy for my taste.

My favorite is to wrap it up in a tortilla with mustard and sour krout (sp?). Sometimes i chop one up and add it to a vegetable stew.

We do like both the Italian and the Chipotle too but the Apple Sage is different and very nice.

Emma JC

Status
Not open for further replies.