Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had steel cut oats berries toast etc this morning and I did lick the maple syrup from my ..... okay, spoon, not the plate but I was tempted also

Emma JC

A bowl of brown & white quinoa & tofu scramble topped with green onions and hot sauce, Dave Killer's bread toasted with avocado, a banana dipped in crushed walnuts, almonds, and flax seeds, and a clementine, and a cup of Earl Grey tea.

i bought some Ezekials English muffins the other day. Had never had them before. I have been toasting them with Chao slices and tomato. They are sold in my grocer's frozen sections which I think says something good about them. but they are not pre-sliced. So you either have to defrost them, slice them and then re-freeze them (which I didn't do), or put them in the toaster oven till they can be sliced and then toast them. I did that a few times then i got tired of the process and just put them in the frig. I may not get them again. I know Trader Joe's has a good Enlglish muffin. I may even buy some vegan sausage patties and try making sausage McMuffins.

Reactions: Emma JC
A bowl of brown & white quinoa & tofu scramble topped with green onions and hot sauce, Dave Killer's bread toasted with avocado, a banana dipped in crushed walnuts, almonds, and flax seeds, and a clementine, and a cup of Earl Grey tea.

My sister swears by Dave's Killer Bread. I like Ezekial's

Reactions: Forest Nymph
we had steel cut oats berries toast etc this morning and I did lick the maple syrup from my ..... okay, spoon, not the plate but I was tempted also

Emma JC

Ha! I don't have to ask. You had CANADIAN maple syrup.

• Haha
You should. Also, try some from New Hampshire.
Supposedly they have different tastes. and just like wine they vary from year to year.
I can't tell the difference, but I have never had a back-to-back taste test. I guess in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Quebec they have maple syrup tasting rooms. I wonder if they have pancakes

Oh, BTW, I just checked and my Trader Joe's Brand Maple syrup is made in Canada. :eek:

• Haha
I guess in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Quebec they have maple syrup tasting rooms. I wonder if they have pancakes

I went through a maple syrup farm tour once with my elementary school. I was probably about 8-9 years old. They severed us a generous taste of the maple syrup over a snow cone. It was delicious! No pancakes though ;)

Brunch:

Whole wheat sandwiches filled with smokey tofu, sliced carrot, cos lettuce, purple onion, tomato, pickle and mustard

Wholewheat toast with lowered sodium Vegemite, tomato and pumpkin seeds

Breakfast was a gruelling affair that left me toiling in the kitchen for a whole 5 minutes.

First I added pitted dates, breaking up to make sure no pits.
Then I added water, enough to cover and then some, and turned on stove. This softens the dates.
While heating, I added some rolled oats to my blender and blended into flour, and adding it to pot with dates.
After a few minutes of cooking I added the entire contents of the pot to the blender and blended into a nice homogeneous consistency.
Then added frozen strawberries and blueberries and dunked them in it for quick defrost.

It was quite delicious. I only rarely make oatmeal. I think I might make a chocolate flavored one next time.

Reactions: hopeful
Breakfast was wholewheat toast with lowered sodium Vegemite, tofu, raw spinach and cucumber

I like spinach and I like Vegemite but combined don’t mix well and made it a bit unpalatable. I can’t see myself using it with spinach again. Still, I am full and it’s past lunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.