Bastardized Food

I'm originally from a seafood area. I was vegan before I moved away, but I always see "maryland-style" sea food everywhere. My family insists it's all trash. :p

Ewww!! I had grits for the first time when I was driving down to Florida. We stopped at a little hole in the wall cafe and when I ordered grits they suggested butter and sugar. :spew: I opted for butter, salt and pepper. Nt sure what Southerners use but I liked it with salt and pepper.
Ewwww...why would you put sugar on grits???? I love grits so much and it doesn't seem to be available in the UK so my mum sends me a care package every few months with some instant grits. I like it with a garlic pepper (dried garlic and coarse ground pepper) and nutritional yeast to make cheese grits. yum....

My grandmother is from Poland. Every Christmas Eve we have a traditional spread of Polish dishes. Let me just say that store-bought pierogies don't come CLOSE to the real deal.

We have Polish neighbours they made us a cake thingy once. It was like bready with currents and a cumb sugar topping. I wasnt sure what was in it so M ate it all said it was nice.

Southerners typically ruin vegetables. The only ones they don't over-cook are raw tomatoes; which, thankfully, appear sliced on the dinner table every single night of summer.