Are non stick cookwares cause serious health issues?

Andre

Newcomer
Reaction score
I found this article on cookware that's healthy and I became a little bit conscious about cookware health.
I heard from some one that cooking and eating in nonstick cookwares will lead to cause of cancers in long shot. Is this true? I use less oil or no oil to cook dishes which if not in non sticks will burn the bottoms of the vessel seriously. After learning about non sticks I am scared to cook in them. Please suggest me alternate to nonstick or some good brands of nonstick which assure no health issues to customers. Thank you.

Hmmmm I saw your post and had a little dig on Google. So this following paragraph makes me wonder:

"Toxic fumes from the Teflon chemical
released from pots and pans at high temperatures may kill pet birds and cause people to develop flu-like symptoms (called "Teflon Flu" or, as scientists describe it, "Polymer fume fever").

So I asked myself this question "How many of us have stuffy noses which we blame on pollen?!"

I always have blocked nose and yes I use nonstick pans!!!

Thank you Andre I will be looking into alternatives!!!

As far as T-fal Ultimate Hard-Anodized is concerned, it is PFOA, cadmium and lead free. So you have nothing to worry about its effect in the long run.

I prefer shiny stainless steel pans, if possible with a built-in copper bottom to spread the heat evenly. My preference is largely aesthetic but stainless steel has to be healthier than that black stuff they spray onto non-stick pans.

I like stainless steel for most things, but I have a large cast iron pot for curries and a cast iron pan for pancakes and toasted sandwiches.