Are non stick cookwares cause serious health issues?

Andre

Newcomer
Reaction score
I found this article on cookware that's healthy and I became a little bit conscious about cookware health.
I heard from some one that cooking and eating in nonstick cookwares will lead to cause of cancers in long shot. Is this true? I use less oil or no oil to cook dishes which if not in non sticks will burn the bottoms of the vessel seriously. After learning about non sticks I am scared to cook in them. Please suggest me alternate to nonstick or some good brands of nonstick which assure no health issues to customers. Thank you.

ty brant

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hmmmm I saw your post and had a little dig on Google. So this following paragraph makes me wonder:

"Toxic fumes from the Teflon chemical
released from pots and pans at high temperatures may kill pet birds and cause people to develop flu-like symptoms (called "Teflon Flu" or, as scientists describe it, "Polymer fume fever").

So I asked myself this question "How many of us have stuffy noses which we blame on pollen?!"

I always have blocked nose and yes I use nonstick pans!!!

Thank you Andre I will be looking into alternatives!!!

Micheal McClung

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
As far as T-fal Ultimate Hard-Anodized is concerned, it is PFOA, cadmium and lead free. So you have nothing to worry about its effect in the long run.

Mark Mywordz

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I prefer shiny stainless steel pans, if possible with a built-in copper bottom to spread the heat evenly. My preference is largely aesthetic but stainless steel has to be healthier than that black stuff they spray onto non-stick pans.

alleycat

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I like stainless steel for most things, but I have a large cast iron pot for curries and a cast iron pan for pancakes and toasted sandwiches.