April Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing well for exercise for a week, and then it went to crap. Right now I'm focusing on keeping a normal sleep routine. I used to pull off all-nighters to complete projects at the last minute. I'm not doing that anymore. I'm not 21 anymore!

For food, I've been trying to make one big salad/veggie dish that I can munch on throughout the week. Last week, the recipe didn't turn out that great. This week, I made a green-bean salad that's actually quite good, and I've been eating some every day. Probably tomorrow I'll make a beet-orange-farro salad.

Reactions: Val
I'm going to try and have a completely alcohol free May. I haven't drunk any alcohol this weekend so it will (hopefully) be more than a month.

I know I will find this difficult!:D

Got my two mile walks in the last two weekends in a row. Not doing so good during the week...early mornings are still either too cold or rainy and I’ve had errands to run on my lunch hour so I’m not getting the long walk in then. But we’ll get there.

Had a bad week eating, what with a few social engagements, but I was able to get back in the groove over the weekend.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I'm going to try and have a completely alcohol free May. I haven't drunk any alcohol this weekend so it will (hopefully) be more than a month.

I know I will find this difficult!:D
Good luck with that! :p :)

The least amount of alcohol makes me so sick. I hate it. I like the taste of certain drinks and find that it’s easier to just stay away from it altogether. The nitrates in wine really bothers me. I’m so happy that my friend/coworker is going back to AA. She’s had a problem for years and really got to a low point in her life where she had to decide that she was either going to throw the rest of her life away or try and turn herself around and make some kind of future for herself. She’s suffered a lot of loss the last few years. She 51 and her husband died a few years ago as a result of alcoholism. Then her best friend/coworker died last August. So she was spiraling downward really badly. I hope she can stick with it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.