Northeast Amherst, Mass.: Bueno y Sano restaurant

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
http://www.buenoysano.com/

So I went here with a friend after we saw Frankenstein (National Theatre production, on film), as she was in the mood for Mexican and I left the decision up to her. An excellent choice, I must say. Amherst is a college town, so the vegan options were aplenty. I can't wait to go back and try some more. :D

This place is a build-you-own burrito, taco, what-have-you place, with all-vegetarian beans and rice (yahoooo). You order at the counter and they call your number for pickup. What I loved about it was that it had grilled seitan and tofu that you could order in place of meat. It was a casual place, and the food was ready in a jiffy. They had several levels of hot sauce, so I tried the hottest with my grilled seitan burrito, and OMG, it was hot (it's called wicked hot sauce, lol, so I was warned). So be careful. I like hot sauce, but even this was a bit much for me. I think I'd go medium next time. The food was delicious and plentiful. In fact, I still have some leftovers in the fridge. Their guacamole and pico de gallo were delicious.

I'm not sure whether they had alcohol. They had soda and water, though, and some juices, I believe.
The prices were decent, too. The burrito, a 24-ounce bottle of water and a side of guac came to about $12.

This place is right in the center of town, too. Just a quick walk from the movie theater we went to. It's great if you want something fast and delicious. I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.