Frozen foods

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I had to go inside the supermarket the other day to return a box of coffee filters - I had bought the wrong size via their website and curbside pickup. anyway as long as I was in the store I looked around.

It was already past lunchtime so I looked thru the frozen foods to see if I could find something to have for lunch.

I found a few things I didn't know about.

Marie Callender's Meatless Be'f Pot Pie
Back in the day I used to love a pot pie for lunch. can't remember the last time I had one and I remember that I liked Marie Callender's the best.
The crust on this one was excellent. the gravy was pretty good but salty. The Be'f was just so so. The Be'f was from Gardein.
This thing is incredibly unhealthy. something I remember was also true of their regular pot pies too.
950 calories
53 g of fat, 22 sat.
3 g of fiber.
1250 mg of salt (59% of the RDA).
But it also had 24 g of protein and 45% of the RDA of iron.
It was satisfying tho. I guess all that fat and salt.

Healthy Choice Meatless Chipotle Chick'n
This was pretty tasty. The Chick'n was from Gardein, too. Chick'n, grains, dark leafy greens, veggies, seeds, and legumes. It was a little spicy but well within my tolerance levels.
280 calories
5 g fat, 1 sat
510 mg of salt (22%)
7 g fiber
19 G protein.

Healthy Choice Unwrapped Burrito Bowl.
This one was my favorite. It is called Simply Steamers. the package has a bowl inside a bowl. the bottom bowl contains the sauce which then steams the stuff in the top bowl. then you pour the top bowl into the bottom bowl (or in your own bowl) Spicier than the Chipotle but within my limits. Rice, tomato sauce and veggies.
270 calories
4 g fat, 1 sat.
360 sodium (18% of the RDA)
12 g fiber
9 G protein

Healthy choice has a few other vegan meals. and vegetarian ones too. I may look around for the others next time I'm in a store. its nice to see some of the Big Food companies making stuff for us, too.

Reactions: Emma JC