Shortages will keep happening at any time. I try now storing up on things I use more. That has to exclude the things that are more perishable, I never get more than ten pounds of potatoes that I will have at any time, one potato at a time until I had all I get from that. If potatoes are no longer available when I run out I will necessarily go without potatoes then. I get cans of greens, mostly spinach, and of vegetable soups, and of lentils. I have dry lentils and dry beans too. And I am building up my store of whole grain pasta and hot cereal (oatmeal) and cold cereal (raisin bran). And I have more of dried fruit, green tea, and Complete Cookies to have later. I get bottles of water.and
This is my philosophy too. The staples are always good to have in dry bulk, if you can. But you have to be flexible, and change your pattern based on what's available (or affordable).

Reactions: bEt and Emma JC
This is my philosophy too. The staples are always good to have in dry bulk, if you can. But you have to be flexible, and change your pattern based on what's available (or affordable).

Of course. I have to make use of the little space I have to store up, and I only get it all by waking a couple of miles for it and walking with what I carry back again.

Reactions: Emma JC and bEt
Supplementary items are included in what I stock up on that what I want to have will not be enjoyed as much, or have all I do need, without. Besides supplements themselves, for vitamin C, vitamin B12, and zinc, I get more to save up on nuts, pumpkin seeds, ACV, agave nectar, various preferred seasonings, pickle slices, and other such items to add to meals, and I have bags of whole grain flour for baking, for if J can't manage getting bread or such things from the store that I might make myself, and things like crackers, and certainly hummus, which is filling my refrigerated space.

Reactions: Emma JC
I nearly said everything besides just having fresh vegetables on hand. I still have things to add to what I get like cloves of garlic bulbs, and what I cut from a ginger root. And I do not neglect having salsa or picante sauce, while there is also mustard for a few things. I have wanted to find tahini that I had found before, it doesn't seem to be at my store now.

Reactions: Emma JC