Acai

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Has anyone tried the acai smoothies or bowls? What does it taste like?
They look really good, but I don't think there is anywhere nearby to get one.

acai-bowl-cafe.jpg

kiwi-organic-smoothie-400-6.jpg

They are pretty...but I see specks in there! If they are seeds I wouldn't like it. It's a texture thing with me.

I had a juice blend once with acai in it but never a smoothie.

They are pretty...but I see specks in there! If they are seeds I wouldn't like it. It's a texture thing with me.

I had a juice blend once with acai in it but never a smoothie.

I think (hope) the seeds are from the smoothie having other berries in it. I don't like seeds either and can't drink a smoothie or juice with raspberry or blackberry seeds in it. It has to be strained first.

Reactions: KLS52
We aren't really big into acai here in the UK, but when I was at my Mum's house (in Kauai) last year her hubbie (who has had an appalling diet for most of his life but know's I am into eating healthy vegan etc.) insisted on taking me to a smoothie bar where we enjoyed the most delicious acai bowls with granola sprinkled on top. We then dashed off to get some of those frozen ones (like in the image above) which cost a small fortune. We found somewhere selling them cheaper though when I looked around with my mum.

Supposed to be really good for you. Certainly tasty as can be!

Oh, Kauai is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. :). I was there in 1986. :)

On topic, I don't know much about acai except that I pronounced it wrong at first, and like it in juice drinks I've had. :)

Reactions: Trinity
Oh, Kauai is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. :). I was there in 1986. :)

On topic, I don't know much about acai except that I pronounced it wrong at first, and like it in juice drinks I've had. :)

Ditto.

I also enjoyed the visiting the Hawaïn island but Kauai was the winner.:up:

I have only ever had acai powder and have never seen it in any other form.

I have only ever had acai powder and have never seen it in any other form.
Ah yes, that reminds me, we can get acai powder in our local health food shop... I bought it once to put in my smoothies. Quite pricey though, so more of a treat.

I tried it in a smoothie with almond milk and a banana...not good. :down:

Tried it again in a fruit smoothie with orange juice, pineapple and a banana. Much better. :D

Reactions: KLS52