Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yummy Mushroom Fajitas

Ingredients:

• 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (optional)
  • 1 x whole poblano pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)
  • 2 x medium bell peppers (seeded and thinly sliced)
  • 1 x whole jalapeño (seeded and thinly sliced)
  • 1 x medium yellow or white onion (thinly sliced)
  • 2 x large Portabella mushrooms (remove black gills and stems, cleaning thoroughly, and thinly sliced)
  • 2 x ripe, medium sized avocados
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice (approx. juice of 1/2 fresh lime)
  • Salt, cumin, & garlic powder
  • 1 tsp vegan Worcester or A1 sauce (optional - A1 is already vegan, but Worcester isn’t, usually, but can be obtained)
  • 6 small flour or corn tortillas
  • Fresh red onion, hot sauce, cilantro, salsa
Instructions

1. Heat a large skillet and a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add coconut oil (or water sauté) to the large skillet, then the onion and peppers. Season with salt, cumin and garlic powder.

2. Cook until softened and slightly caramelized, stirring often. Set aside and cover to keep warm.

3. At the same time, add some more oil or water to the medium pan. Then add the mushrooms. Season with a bit of salt, sautéing until soft and slightly browned. You can add some Worcester or A1 (vegan-friendly) for additional flavor at this point (optional). Remove from heat, set aside and cover.

4. Prepare guacamole by adding avocados to a bowl then adding lime juice and a generous pinch of salt & a small pinch of cumin, with some fresh cilantro and finely diced red onion. Mash with a fork until desired consistency is achieved. I usually add a bit of hot sauce to mine as well.

5. Warm your tortillas in the oven and you’re good to go. Serve with peppers and onions, mushrooms, guacamole, and any other toppings you desire such as Daiya cheese, vegan sour cream, salsa and/or hot sauce, etc. The sky is the limit. I keep mine simple, with just the guacamole and some hot sauce.

Enjoy!