Why being Vegetarian Isn't Enough

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Preventing the exploitation of animals is not the only reason for becoming vegan, but for many it remains the key factor in their decision to go vegan and stay vegan.

Having emotional attachments with animals may form part of that reason, while many believe that all sentient creatures have a right to life and freedom. Specifics aside, avoiding animal products is one of the most obvious ways you can take a stand against animal cruelty and animal exploitation everywhere. A more detailed overview on why being vegan demonstrates true compassion for animals can be found here.

Why go vegan?

Preventing the exploitation of animals is not the only reason for becoming vegan, but for many it remains the key factor in their decision to go vegan and stay vegan.

Having emotional attachments with animals may form part of that reason, while many believe that all sentient creatures have a right to life and freedom. Specifics aside, avoiding animal products is one of the most obvious ways you can take a stand against animal cruelty and animal exploitation everywhere. A more detailed overview on why being vegan demonstrates true compassion for animals can be found here.

Why go vegan?
Right... When i first went vegan, i had been TOLD that becoming only a vegetarian would have continued to cause the same damage to my health as staying an omni. I'm glad they convinced me this way, because i'm not sure whether i would have ditched my carnivore habits then for the ethical reasons only. They just had frightened me to death, and it worked! But i think, now ethical reasons have become as important to me as health reasons. The most important part is educating yourself, and the more information i receive, the more i get horrified with what humans have done to the animals, the environment and the planet. I just don't want to be a part of it anymore. :pout:

Being vegetarian is right for some and not others. Each to their own. No one has the right to dictate to others what they should or shouldn't do. Be respectful of others views as you would expect them to respect yours.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas and Val