Why being Vegetarian Isn't Enough

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
Preventing the exploitation of animals is not the only reason for becoming vegan, but for many it remains the key factor in their decision to go vegan and stay vegan.

Having emotional attachments with animals may form part of that reason, while many believe that all sentient creatures have a right to life and freedom. Specifics aside, avoiding animal products is one of the most obvious ways you can take a stand against animal cruelty and animal exploitation everywhere. A more detailed overview on why being vegan demonstrates true compassion for animals can be found here.

Why go vegan?

Val

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Preventing the exploitation of animals is not the only reason for becoming vegan, but for many it remains the key factor in their decision to go vegan and stay vegan.

Having emotional attachments with animals may form part of that reason, while many believe that all sentient creatures have a right to life and freedom. Specifics aside, avoiding animal products is one of the most obvious ways you can take a stand against animal cruelty and animal exploitation everywhere. A more detailed overview on why being vegan demonstrates true compassion for animals can be found here.

Why go vegan?
Right... When i first went vegan, i had been TOLD that becoming only a vegetarian would have continued to cause the same damage to my health as staying an omni. I'm glad they convinced me this way, because i'm not sure whether i would have ditched my carnivore habits then for the ethical reasons only. They just had frightened me to death, and it worked! But i think, now ethical reasons have become as important to me as health reasons. The most important part is educating yourself, and the more information i receive, the more i get horrified with what humans have done to the animals, the environment and the planet. I just don't want to be a part of it anymore. :pout:

Jon

Novice
Reaction score
Being vegetarian is right for some and not others. Each to their own. No one has the right to dictate to others what they should or shouldn't do. Be respectful of others views as you would expect them to respect yours.

• 👍
Reactions: Val
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Strange Scalp Issues With being Vegetarian-Help! Health & Body 14
M The Best Things About Being Vegetarian The Vegetarian Forum 1
T Being vegetarian is making me unhealthy? Health & Body 9
Jinendra Singh What is the worst thing about being a vegetarian/vegan? Philosophy 44
S Is my reason of being a vegetarian uncommon? The Vegetarian Forum 2
turtledove Being vegetarian: positive or negative? General 7
barsandbodegas Not new to being a vegetarian, but new to this forum... Introduce Yourself 1
Amy SF Joan Jett kicked off Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade float for being a vegetarian The Vegetarian Forum 12
Kasandra Health Issues The Benefits of Being Vegetarian Health & Body 0
Pocketful of Why Being Baby Vegans, A podcast by Pocketful of Why General 1
A I Ate Dairy After Being Vegan For Over Two Years! Support 18
E Nutrition & Diet Veganism Is More Than Just Being Vegan Health & Body 13
R Benji and How to go Back to Being Vegan Transitioning 5
S Health issues and being new to vegan diet Transitioning 13
Lou News Is Being Vegan Stylish or Stigmatizing? General 9
Hog Argument with my autistic son about being vegan. General 3
Hog Conservative arguments for being vegan. Philosophy 30
Dougrus I like being vegan and I try to keep it low key so.... Support 19
Glögg Literature It’s Not Easy Being Green – Author Envy Media & Entertainment 0
prani_saa Being a Vegan Food & Drink 6
Hog Top ten narcissistic reason for being vegan. General 22
A Struggling With being underweight Support 57
Limuray Everyday struggle-People laughing/being angry with you by being vegan General 18
C First few days of being a Vegan General 8
Forest Nymph No, Its Really NOT About You Being a "Nicer" Vegan Relationships 48
R Is it true that being vegan actually saves animals? Animals 47
S Adhd and being vegan Health & Body 2
Indian Summer Living abroad and being a foreigner or immigrant Lounge 41
A Considering not being vegan Transitioning 18
ski Being a vegan for 364 days out of the year ? General 33
Blues UK supermarkets being investigated as meat found in vegan meals UK & Eire 5
Indian Summer Being vegan is a privilege General Discussion 6
Dennie The effects of being vegan for me. Philosophy 5
gib Why are we such serious people being vegan? Relationships 7
M How to help friends with trouble being vegan General 4
J Questioning veganism after being vegan for 3 years Support 20
S Is there anything i can do or we can do to help the poor cats and dogs being boiled alive in china? General 2
shyvas UK BA Pilot Arrested of Being Drunk - Gatwick UK & Eire 3
D So much hindrance of being vegan Relationships 3
N No reward for being a good person Philosophy 8
J Biggest issue/problem being vegan?? General 4
Tristan Being vegan and keeping chickens? Animals 6
Indian Summer Psychology Animals know when they are being treated unfairly Social Sciences & Humanities 4
teacup Chicks being dumped Animals 1
K Being more stressed and anxious Health & Body 2
G Another reason why being a Vegan is very important General 0
Indian Summer Philosophy Does being nice necessarily mean repression? Social Sciences & Humanities 11
S What do you find hardest being a vegan? Transitioning 29
K Headache when being vegan Health & Body 4
Calliegirl The Hardest Part About Being Vegan Lounge 0