When's your Veggieversary?

My veganversary will be on November 27! I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, @MadamSarcastra . :yes: Now when i remembered, it "puts certain commitments on me". I think, i'm at the doorway of more conscious way of eating and behaving myself.:apple:

Reactions: KLS52
Congrats to you both!!:woo:

My two anniversaries are coming up again, 25 years vegetarian and 12 of those vegan.

Since 1993 I've noticed I make big life decisions around Halloween every year. :confused: October 1993 was when I went vegetarian and when I broke up with then boyfriend and started dating my now husband.

I went vegan (Halloween 2006) and got married in the same year so it's my wedding anniversary coming up soon too.

I think I'm around 8.5 years vegetarian & just over 3 years vegan. Although I was vegan much earlier than that but I kept slipping up & only felt I could call myself properly vegan from August time 2015. :)

October is my anniversary month but I don’t remember the exact date.

14 years vegetarian

13 years (mostly) vegan

It didn't happen for me like that, all in one fell swoop. I started to realize decades ago, as I became more educated about nutrition, that heavy on plants / light on animals was a healthier way to live. Then when I visited websites like Meat.org, well, I certainly pushed the envelope and eliminated almost all animal products from my diet. That was probably around 2009. At this point I am almost vegan, but I still take half and half in my coffee sometimes and I'll still sprinkle the odd bit of parmesan or bleu cheese on certain foods once in awhile. AND (oh I'm gonna take heat for this) every so often, like once a month maybe, I'll eat a few Wendy's .99 hamburgers, or roll up a piece of ham and eat it with a piece of swiss cheese!!! I'm not a vegetarian because I don't like animal products... I eat this way cause it's the only truly health conscious, sustainable and humane way to co-exist with this beautiful planet and its many blessed life forms. And of course the more documentaries I see (God, get Netflix, AMAZING!) and being introduced to people like Brian Clement and TheRealTruthAboutHealth.com really helps me to stay on track for the most part.

I do know a few people who are STRICT vegetarians and never eat any meat, but I don't know any strict vegans. Even a girl I know who says she's vegan uses some cream in her coffee and sometimes grated cheese on a salad.

But the truth of the matter is, I vote with my dollar. We all do. There are no animal products in my fridge/freezer except for organic half and half and a little grated cheese. When I eat out, 98% of the time, it's vegetarian. Imagine if more people were "almost" vegetarian... wow, we might actually have a chance to reverse global warming!!

Last edited:
It didn't happen for me like that, all in one fell swoop. I started to realize decades ago, as I became more educated about nutrition, that heavy on plants / light on animals was a healthier way to live. Then when I visited websites like Meat.org, well, I certainly pushed the envelope and eliminated almost all animal products from my diet. That was probably around 2009. At this point I am almost vegan, but I still take half and half in my coffee sometimes and I'll still sprinkle the odd bit of parmesan or bleu cheese on certain foods once in awhile. AND (oh I'm gonna take heat for this) every so often, like once a month maybe, I'll eat a few Wendy's .99 hamburgers, or roll up a piece of ham and eat it with a piece of swiss cheese!!! I'm not a vegetarian because I don't like animal products... I eat this way cause it's the only truly health conscious, sustainable and humane way to co-exist with this beautiful planet and its many blessed life forms. And of course the more documentaries I see (God, get Netflix, AMAZING!) and being introduced to people like Brian Clement and TheRealTruthAboutHealth.com really helps me to stay on track for the most part.

!!

From what I have understood you are neither a vegan or a vegetarian, as you eat burgers and ham. Moreover not all cheese is vegetarian.
Many European cheeses are made with rennet ( an enzyme made from a calves stomach) and not all manufacturers state this on the packaging. Authentic Italian parmesan is also made with rennet.

https://www.vegetariantimes.com/skills/how-to-buy-veg-friendly-cheese

Last edited:
From what I have understood you are neither a vegan or a vegetarian, as you eat burgers and ham. Moreover not all cheese is vegetarian.

No you are correct, I am not a strict vegetarian. Also I don't think you read my post very carefully... I never suggested cheese isn't an animal product! Actually I believe dairy is far worse for us humans than the occasional animal flesh. I actually crave meat quite often but I rarely give in to those cravings.

Try to resist categorizing folks as "non" veg, or "non" vegan, but instead champion their sustainable and healthy choices when they make them.

I always encourage my friends to "eat less animals" because I know the notion of a 100% plant based diet, or anything even close, has got to come from their own mind. So i tell them about Netflix and all the life-changing documentaries, and movies like Fast Food Nation available there, and only after they watch shows like What the Health, Cowspiracy, Sustainable, etc. can they ever come to the realization‎, on their own, that eating animals on the scale we do in the USA is bad for health, for the animals and for the planet. And maybe, eventually come to the point where eliminating animal products 100% or even nearly 100% from their diet, is the way to go.

If I eat 2 meals a day in a month that's 60 meals. If out of those 60 meals 1 of them is an animal food that comes out to about 2%. OK so I'm 98% veggie. Can I still post on this forum? (ha)

I have to say it again... if more folks could be inspired to eat plant-based and less animal-based‎, on a daily basis, voting with their wallet that often, it would CHANGE the WORLD.

January 2016 is my anniversary but unfortunately I didn't mark the exact date.

I forgot i had my veganversary on Nov.27.:apple: Well, not too late to celebrate.:D Perhaps i was feeling it subconsciously, because just a half an hour ago i bought some tasty things.:p

Reactions: Second Summer
5th September (2010). As vegetarian. No date when I went vegan, but since I will trial milk and egg, I need to count from after that.

About rennet. I was a poor vegetarian there. And it wasn't my most concerned. I didn't eat much cheese, but no clue about rennet. Reason was that I never saw the difference when you all ready support dairy.

No you are correct, I am not a strict vegetarian. Also I don't think you read my post very carefully... I never suggested cheese isn't an animal product! Actually I believe dairy is far worse for us humans than the occasional animal flesh. I actually crave meat quite often but I rarely give in to those cravings.
Try to resist categorizing folks as "non" veg, or "non" vegan, but instead champion their sustainable and healthy choices when they make them.

If I eat 2 meals a day in a month that's 60 meals. If out of those 60 meals 1 of them is an animal food that comes out to about 2%. OK so I'm 98% veggie. Can I still post on this forum? (ha)

MOD POST

This forum has defined a set of rules and members have to be either vegan or vegetarian. As you are a flexitarian, you are most welcome to post in the support area; Ask Us A Question section. This is a support are for people are are in transition to becoming vegetarian/vegan and are looking for advise. We aim to be non judgemental and hope that all questions are answered in a friendly manner.

We have to draw the line somewhere and clarify what a vegetarian is opposed to a flexitarian. It is also our responsibility not to send out conflicting messages and/or information. Please read the following :

"A vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, legumes, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, fungi, algae,
yeast and/or some other non-animal-based foods, with, or without, dairy products, honey and/or eggs.''

''A flexitarian is a person who eats a predominantly vegetarian diet, but who eats meat or fish occasionally.''

Last edited: