When's your Veggieversary?

Six years on July 12. I plan to celebrate by baking a chocolate cake with strawberry filling topped with vegan marshmallow buttercream.

I got my invitation today, I'll be there bright and early!
eat-drink-smiley-5145.gif
eat-drink-smiley-542.gif

April 29th, 2011
I think I joined VeggieBoards like two days later, so that means you've all (or, most of you, that were on VB) been putting up with me for over a year :devil:

I went veg around Jan of 2000. Then I went vegan around June/July of 2007. I realized the other day I've been veg nearly 1/3 of my life now!

I went vegetarian August 2009
My veganversary will be May 2013, I suppose. ^^

Mine was 5 days ago, year one with zero animal products in my diet. I'm still alive and as healthy as I've ever been.

Reactions: KLS52
I just had my 5 year veggieversary a couple days ago. I have been "mostly vegan" for the majority of those years. I don't sweat small traces of dairy in things and I do eat an occasional egg. I don't buy leather and I try to find cruelty free cleaning and personal products. It really isn't THAT hard and I would never go back to being an omni.

Reactions: Danielle and KLS52
February 2010. Kind of late to the game but better late than never.

Like others, I'm not specific about the date because it was on a trial basis, but when I realized I had gone a couple weeks without eating meat and didn't collapse and die from protein or B12 deficiency, I just never looked back.

I eased into vegetarianism in spring of 1997 and went vegan in May 2008.

April 29th, 2011
I think I joined VeggieBoards like two days later, so that means you've all (or, most of you, that were on VB) been putting up with me for over a year :devil:

That is kind of how it was with me. I found veggie boards but I was still a pescetarian and so I lurked for 2 months. Then when I went vegetarian I joined the board 2 weeks later (I didnt want to join as a pescetarian as the rules said I could not join).

Became vegetarian in July of 2005. I eat mostly vegan, but I occasionally eat dairy and very rarely eat eggs, so I don't really have a vegan anniversary.. since I kind of just eat 90% vegan anyway.