What's in your Garden (& Indoor Plants)

You have to peel the paper napkins to one ply so it’s super thin.

Reactions: silva
Oh yeah, and you do need to paint the rocks first. I was annoyed when I saw that was the first step because I didn’t want to paint them out of laziness, lol. So I did one and it really didn’t come out very good. The print gets lost without the white background of the painted rock.

• Informative
Reactions: silva
I actually purchased paper napkins at the dollar store. I watched a few YouTube videos first. It’s so easy and so cool! I used that modge podge stuff. The videos were very helpful.
That's amazing! Modge podge is weather proof?
I remember doing decoupage in art class in school, it was so cool!
I should do something crafty
I need to go to the Dollar tree for something anyway-see if they have the Power Stick for woman vegan hand creme.

That's amazing! Modge podge is weather proof?
I remember doing decoupage in art class in school, it was so cool!
I should do something crafty
I need to go to the Dollar tree for something anyway-see if they have the Power Stick for woman vegan hand creme.
I don’t think it’s weatherproof. I’m using a clear sealant on them.
This is the difference between painting the rock first and not painting.

7558EC99-886E-4CAB-BD64-FA8021BB0CE7.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: silva and PTree15
I miss gardening, my butt hole neighbour poisoned my yard. he has assaulted me a couple of times, the last time he broke my arm and hit me with his weed eater ( weed whacker ) cut the back of my hand with the nylon line. Was a waste of time having him charged, no jail time for him and I can't use my yard. If it can't be done indoors it doesn't get done.

My tiny orange tree looks pretty good. My mango tree is gotten so huge. Bananas are going pretty well. My pepper plants are are growing well except for one that kind of got damaged in the mail.

@alleycat Surely the authorities must be able to do something- if not imprisonment, at least something like a restraining order? (I see you're in Australia, and I'm not familiar with the law over there...)
I agree Tom ,alleycat get hold of your local community law office and talk it through with them

Reactions: alleycat
Thanks for the kind responses. He was charged and has been to court, he got a 12 month suspended sentence, so if he does nothing else wrong he won't have any jail time.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
One of my hot pepper plants is getting little buds. I am not sure what one because my hub mixed them up before I could tag them one of the plants did not make it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220804_183421590.jpg
    PXL_20220804_183421590.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Yep- all my plants have revived from wilting. I'll have to be more careful though.

My Romano pole beans have ripened and dried on the vines, so I picked them; I'll either plant them next year or use them for bean soup. But here are still flowers. Hopefully I'll get more!

I think I'll pick some fresh peppermint and blenderize it in cold water. It should make a refreshing drink and help prevent the mint from taking over the whole block.

My early tomato variety plants are done. I did get a few really good tomatoes. My catmint is not doing well at all. I’m pretty sure it’s the soil so I’ll have to do something about that next year. I’m considering the raised beds and buying a good garden soil.

Pretty much everything else is almost all gone too. I need to plant more perennials that will bloom all summer Into the Fall.

Only one of my milkweed from last year survived. It’s doing well and today there were monarch butterflies flying around it. I’m hoping they deposited some eggs. I would love to have a couple of caterpillars turn into butterflies.

Only one of my milkweed from last year survived. It’s doing well and today there were monarch butterflies flying around it. I’m hoping they deposited some eggs. I would love to have a couple of caterpillars turn into butterflies.
I've been letting some of the milkweed (the common kind- Asclepias syriaca) grow in the hopes that the monarchs would use it as a nursery. When I have had to pull up some milkweed, I've even been careful to check for eggs or caterpillars first. But so far, there have been no eggs or caterpillars, even though I often see monarchs in my area.
My sunflower died. :( I guess the extreme heat got to it.
This year has been hard on plants!!!! I swear even the weeds have taken a hit from the heat and drought!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I've been letting some of the milkweed (the common kind- Asclepias syriaca) grow in the hopes that the monarchs would use it as a nursery. When I have had to pull up some milkweed, I've even been careful to check for eggs or caterpillars first. But so far, there have been no eggs or caterpillars, even though I often see monarchs in my area.

This year has been hard on plants!!!! I swear even the weeds have taken a hit from the heat and drought!
Me and my neighbour grow milkweed for monarchs once they get eggs on them, I think they are called paper wasps, zoom in and clean them out.
We found the best way to get around it is to bring the plants inside or put a mesh covering over them once the eggs are on them .

it is just about time to sow seeds down here.

• Love
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
My daughter has four caterpillars and five more eggs! She has a butterfly garden so gets lucky every year. She brings the eggs inside when she finds them so that the birds don’t eat the caterpillars. Then releases the butterflies after they hatch.

My basil is doing well, but man, I've had to soak it every time I water it with this wretched heat. I'm going to make some pesto tomorrow. The plant is ready for trimming.