What's in your Garden (& Indoor Plants)

I think mine is an American- I think it's green? I do still have it, it has saved us from getting fined for long grass o_O
Growing up that's what we had, but if I remember right, we had just one kind of grass, it all looked the same, and "grass green" :laughing:. Here it's a hodge podge of widths, lengths, colors....

Reactions: KLS52
My tomato plants are loaded but I don’t think they will be making any new tomatoes…the flowers are blossoming but then drying up and dying. Either blossom drop or it’s a pollination issue according the CT Gardeners FB page. I tried hand pollinating…pretty easy to do. I watched a few YouTube videos… but it doesn’t seem to be helping.
I’ll be grateful for the tomatoes that are on there now, though.
DC88C0A7-D526-4389-852A-E88BE33A5111.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie
@KLS52 Your plants still have a lot of tomatoes on them, and it's kind of early in the season. They'll probably start having more of them after these are picked (unless maybe you planted a "determinate" variety?...)

I didn't grow tomatoes this year, but I kind of wish I had; my okra isn't coming up very thickly (because the seed was a bit old, I think). I could still plant some romaine lettuce or the rest of my kale seed. though.

I planted mustard greens in an out-of-the-way corner last year. I thought I picked it all, but two small plants came up in the same place. I'm letting it go to seed so I'll have some to plant again.

@tom These are two “container” varieties…one is early girl and I forget what the other is. It’s not something I’ve heard of before. I’ll have to go out and check the tag on it and see what kind it is.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L.
@SuicideBlonde Excellent! I love the way banana plants look, especially indoors. But you're lucky to live in an area warm enough to grow them outside. Did you get fruit the last time?

@KLS52 I don't know if you would want to bother with this, but sometimes you can take a cutting of a tomato plant, root and pot it, and keep it indoors over the winter, planting it outside when the weather warms up again. The leaves are somewhat poisonous; I don't know if your cats would try to munch on them. I also don't know if you can do this with one of the determinate varieties- but sometimes it's just fun to have a few extra plants in the house for the winter (so long as no bugs come in with them!).

Last edited:
@StrangeOtter will it grow chili peppers that you can eat? I’ve seen ornamental pepper plants and I think they look so cool!

• Agree
Reactions: Tom L.
How about “what’s not in your garden”…as in the deer ate all of the daisies, lol. Not that there were many. I just planted it a few days ago. It had four flowers and several buds. All gone now, lol. I thought of posting in the gripe thread except I don’t really care. I forgot to consider what deer like to eat when I purchased them. They have pretty much decimated the hostas that are in the back, too. But we have so many and they do come back every year.

How about “what’s not in your garden”…as in the deer ate all of the daisies, lol. Not that there were many. I just planted it a few days ago. It had four flowers and several buds. All gone now, lol. I thought of posting in the gripe thread except I don’t really care. I forgot to consider what deer like to eat when I purchased them. They have pretty much decimated the hostas that are in the back, too. But we have so many and they do come back every year.
Sounds like you have unwanted pets.
Deer can be quite problematic, but I recon they are easier to get rid of than, lets say, snails... Put up a tall and sturdy fence and they're gone, right? But maybe it's nice to have them around. :)