What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

I have bananas and apples as usual and I have blueberries in the freezer.

I'm struggling to buy strawberries and raspberries that will last longer than 24 hours, before starting to go mushy and furry. At this time of year my go to is bananas but always keep a selection of nuts and dried fruit. Much healthier than grabbing a chocolate bar, especially with all the amazing Easter options now in the shops!

Well, it's a basket... but there are some navel oranges and Stayman Winesap apples. There would have been also a HUGE apple of another variety (Golden... something- not Delicious, although I love those), but I had eaten it on the way home from the Farmer's Market.

@PTree15 Tropical treasures! I think I mentioned this long ago in a houseplant discussion: one of my friends had some indoor banana plants, which often produced offshoots from their bases. He potted up first one, then another offshoot for me- but for reasons I still don't know, they died after about a year. (I was too discouraged to ask for another one, understandably.)

I have bananas (which again seem to be of poor quality) and organic apples and clementines. The organic clementines are very nice, but I haven't tried the apples yet. I have a couple of slices of pineapple in the fridge.

Full of more sub par organic apples. Am I really the only one who thinks organic apples are crappy? I've gotten them from every source I have! Conventional are great-tasty, good texture...organics 9 out of 10 times have poor taste and bad texture. Like they're old. I've gotten them from farmers markets, produce markets, reg grocery, natural food grocery.....
These are from Aldi and while better than most, I know their reg apples are really really good :worried:

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
I bought organic apples, but I haven't tried them yet. I have strawberries and white and red grapes in the fridge. My fruit bowl has apples, oranges, bananas and kiwi fruit. I'm trying to eat healthier so I stocked up on fresh fruit.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
Am I the only one who can't get good organic apples? Seems like mediocre is the best they ever get! :shrug:

I don't think apples taste of anything anymore. I had some grapes that were very bad yesterday too.

^ I haven't seen those apples since I was younger.

I had some strawberries when I got home.

I will look for them as I am ordering from Sainsbury's next as I have a £15 off voucher.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas