What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

Two Navel oranges. The weekend before last, I had bought about 2 weeks' worth of apples (Stayman Winesap and another variety) at the farmer's market. But I devoured them more quickly than I had planned. I can get apples at my local supermarket, and often do, but the locally-grown ones taste fresher and it's good to buy local (as far as fossil fuel use goes, I think).

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
Apples and bananas, but I did order some more fruit in my shopping, passionfruit and frozen strawberries.

Reactions: PTree15
Oranges,lemons plus a huge grapefruit that I picked. I also bought some white grapes, nectarines, strawberries, bananas, apples and avocados.
I love grapefruit- I can eat one like an orange. I'd love to try some freshly-picked citrus fruit someday.

Oranges, bananas, apples and lemons.

Four of my favorite staple fruits!

Some apples and blood oranges.

They recently started selling blood oranges in my area. I like them; they're a nice change of pace from navels (although there's nothing wrong with navel oranges).
Apples and bananas, but I did order some more fruit in my shopping, passionfruit and frozen strawberries.
I hope you like the passionfruit! I bought one at my local supermarket, and it was okay, but not great. Maybe they don't ship well. I had a common passionfruit vine as a houseplant- it's a different species from the passionflower grown for its fruit, although I think its fruit is edible too. Its flowers were AMAZING while it lasted and it grew to about 6 feet long, but it never fruited and died after a few years.

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I love grapefruit- I can eat one like an orange. I'd love to try some freshly-picked citrus fruit someday.

Four of my favorite staple fruits!

They recently started selling blood oranges in my area. I like them; they're a nice change of pace from navels (although there's nothing wrong with navel oranges).

I hope you like the passionfruit! I bought one at my local supermarket, and it was okay, but not great. Maybe they don't ship well. I had a common passionfruit vine as a houseplant- it's a different species from the passionflower grown for its fruit, although I think its fruit is edible too. Its flowers were AMAZING while it lasted and it grew to about 6 feet long, but it never fruited and died after a few years.
Tom best to eat passion fruit when the outside later is all wrinkled

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L.
Got cara cara oranges and organic pink lady apples from Aldi-- their produce may be hit or miss, but here they have the best apples, oranges and kiwi, more so than the produce market

Anyone else have trouble with organic apples? They're high on the pesticide list of fruits, but most organic I get aren't very good., usually it's the texture. This bag is an exception, they're tart/sweet crisp and juicy

Got cara cara oranges and organic pink lady apples from Aldi-- their produce may be hit or miss, but here they have the best apples, oranges and kiwi, more so than the produce market

Anyone else have trouble with organic apples? They're high on the pesticide list of fruits, but most organic I get aren't very good., usually it's the texture. This bag is an exception, they're tart/sweet crisp and juicy
I, too, haven't been a big fan of any of the apples at Aldi, mostly because of texture and lack of flavor. The oranges I had all winter from Aldi were great, though.

I, too, haven't been a big fan of any of the apples at Aldi, mostly because of texture and lack of flavor. The oranges I had all winter from Aldi were great, though.
Oh, my aldi has the best apples!
Organic apples are what i always find not so good. They always taste old, more of a pear texture than firm and crisp. The ones I just got are ok, but not as good as the conventional

Oh, my aldi has the best apples!
Organic apples are what i always find not so good. They always taste old, more of a pear texture than firm and crisp. The ones I just got are ok, but not as good as the conventional
You are lucky that is has good apples. I never luck out with the apples there. But they do often have good grapes, oranges and bananas. It is hit-or-miss, though, with the produce there.