What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

Finally have a good watermelon!
Kiwis--too many kiwis really

I got lucky with this one too. I waited about a week and a half after returning that other one. This one is really good.

I read your discussion about how to keep a watermelon from spoiling before you eat it. But since I live alone, it would be really hard for me to finish a full-size watermelon before it spoils- actually impossible, I would think, even with my appetite for fruit. I've never bought a full-size one since I bought my place, for that reason (although I suppose I could bring one to a picnic or potluck, so long as I verified that nobody else was bringing one).

I can finish a mini, basketball-size watermelon with no trouble. I once planted some mini-watermelon in my vegetable garden, and they were GREAT.

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
I read your discussion about how to keep a watermelon from spoiling before you eat it. But since I live alone, it would be really hard for me to finish a full-size watermelon before it spoils- actually impossible, I would think, even with my appetite for fruit. I've never bought a full-size one since I bought my place, for that reason (although I suppose I could bring one to a picnic or potluck, so long as I verified that nobody else was bringing one).

I can finish a mini, basketball-size watermelon with no trouble. I once planted some mini-watermelon in my vegetable garden, and they were GREAT.
I haven’t seen the regular size watermelons (with seeds/pits) in a long time. What I’m buying are what they call seedless I think. They’re maybe half the size of a regular watermelon. I am the only one who’s been eating it and luckily it’s lasting really well. I will finish the last piece tomorrow, day 6.

I also had a personal size one that I bought in Costco. Actually it was two pack. Those lasted four days. I ate 1/2 per day. They are pretty small.

I will need to buy another watermelon after tomorrow. I’m going to have my fill before they are out of season.

Reactions: Tom L.
I bought another watermelon…it’s kind of mediocre but not return worthy.
Grapes and cherries.
Still have one peach left and five apples.
I’d better start eating the apples before they end up on the deck for the squirrels and raccoons, lol.

I almost bought a watermelon, but the outside was kinda lumpy. The bad ones I had seemed overripe, and I guessed that would be too-not that I noticed ripples in the rind
I do have good grapes I froze, and good Empire apples

My neighbor gave me a bunch of plums and apricots from his tree. they are small but delicious. Fun size?

At first they weren't ripe and I was just finding one or two a day to eat. but today they all got ripe so I have to speed up the eating.

Reactions: PTree15
I had strawberries this morning and I also have a galia melon. I picked it up and thought it smelled a bit weird so I hope it is okay. It didn't have a date sticker on it, but I only got it in the shopping a few days ago.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Apples, oranges, lemons and something different, passion fruit! I have frozen strawberries and blueberries in the freezer too.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52