Whatcha Eatin?

@KLS52 Pistachio pie?.... That sounds interesting and tasty! Is it anything like pecan pie- with a very sweet filling (sort of the consistency of jellied cranberry sauce) and a layer of nuts on top? (gah... my description of pecan pie filling makes it sound truly revolting, but I don't know how else to describe it!)

Reactions: KLS52
@KLS52 Pistachio pie?.... That sounds interesting and tasty! Is it anything like pecan pie- with a very sweet filling (sort of the consistency of jellied cranberry sauce) and a layer of nuts on top? (gah... my description of pecan pie filling makes it sound truly revolting, but I don't know how else to describe it!)
It's definitely very sweet. But it's light and fluffy.

I always used to love lemon meringue pie!

I haven't eaten yet as I am trying to have the ACV on an empty stomach and then get some steps in and then have breakfast as I think it will motivate me to get exercising in the morning.

I think the ACV is making me feel sick so I bought two bags of lemons and will have that instead first thing in the morning in water. I had baked beans on wholemeal toast when I got home.
I had trouble with ACV too. I can't even use it in salad dressing. I was disappointed because I like the taste.

Last edited:
I think the ACV is making me feel sick so I bought two bags of lemons and will have that instead first thing in the morning in water. I had baked beans on wholemeal toast when I got home.

I had trouble with ACV too. I can't even use it in salad dressing. I was disappointed because I like the taste.
I've always liked tangy foods... but I like the taste of lemon (or lime) juice much better. I haven't heard any health claims about lemons or limes (other than their rich vitamin C content). But I have learned that the strongly acidic juice can harm your teeth. My dentist recommended waiting for about an hour(?) after eating lemon or lime before brushing my teeth, because your tooth enamel is temporarily made weaker and more susceptible to damage from strongly acid foods. So I wait- but I immediately rinse my mouth after eating such things with a drink of water, swishing it around before each swallow. But I still love lemons and limes. (To the tune of "Spiders And Snakes", by Jim Stafford:)

I just love lemons and limes
And I can't count the times I've squeezed 'em
Like I wanna be squeezed by you...

Gingersnaps (I'm dunking them in my tea :) )
Oh I love that!

I've gotten back to drinking a glass of 1 Tbls vinegar in water either at night, or morning. I mix it in like 6 oz water and chug it, then finish with more water. Definitely wait before brushing teeth! I was having some iffy digestion and this fixed it up.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC