Whatcha Eatin?

I'm going to have some fresh fruit and then crumpets.
Can you describe crumpets? I made them after comparing recipes, and they all used one tsp baking powder and one tsp yeast. the batter bubbled fine, and cooked fine, but they didn't taste too different from pancakes.
Do they always use baking powder? The recipes came from the UK

I just had some crackers with my yogurt/cashew cheese, and nibbled at some seitan ham making tomorrows lunch

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC
I forgot that I bought a tin of jackfruit and now I have plantains I might make jackfruit, fried plantains and rice.

It has been so long since I had plantains I can't remmber if I am supposed to steam them before frying. I used to know this. I have googled and they said to just cut them up and fry them, but I am sure there were two stages to cooking them.:confused:

Leftover one pot (IP) ww gnocchetti sardi pasta bol style with added vegetables, plus some grated Violife parmesans style cheeze,
a sprinkle of yeast flakes/smoked chipotle flakes and a drizzle of evo.

Apple puree with Sojade yogurt.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I forgot that I bought a tin of jackfruit and now I have plantains I might make jackfruit, fried plantains and rice.

It has been so long since I had plantains I can't remmber if I am supposed to steam them before frying. I used to know this. I have googled and they said to just cut them up and fry them, but I am sure there were two stages to cooking them.:confused:

I just air fry them until nearly cooked, remove them and smash them before putting them back into the af.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
mmmm just finished my noodley soup for today - need to buy more fresh kale as although frozen is good it doesn't compare to being able to rip large pieces of fresh

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Overnight oats flavored with peanut butter, chia seeds, vanilla protein powder and unsweetened cocoa powder.

Reactions: Emma JC
I was trying to make lettuce wraps, but I ended up ripping the lettuce too much. I might be able to salvage some of the leaves. I'm going to cook a vegan beef burger and chop it up and try to wrap it in lettuce with salad, ketchup and mustard.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15