Whatcha Eatin?

The cereal with soymilk you had prior to that sounds healthy! That stir-fry sounds both delicious and healthy... depending on how much oil it has, I suppose. I was skimming through one cookbook by a well-known personality (whose name I forget, but will probably remember tonight when I'm drifting off to sleep with no access to the 'net). She advised "sauteeing" foods with a bit of water- no oil. I can't fathom how that would work!!!! That's not sauteeing... it's steaming- which is very good, but quite different.
I have such trouble avoiding oil. I probably wouldn't eat any kind of potato, and I love bottled dressing on cruciferous salads. Not a fan of just vinegar, and don't like the recipes with tahini or pureed beans
Thinking back though, I used to make a ranch with blended cashew creme and balsamic I was good with

She advised "sauteeing" foods with a bit of water- no oil. I can't fathom how that would work!!!! That's not sauteeing... it's steaming- which is very good, but quite different.

Agree! Whilst this method can give good results it's not called sautéing. The latter needs a small amount of oil to obtain that golden crust on food.

Reactions: PTree15
I have such trouble avoiding oil. I probably wouldn't eat any kind of potato, and I love bottled dressing on cruciferous salads. Not a fan of just vinegar, and don't like the recipes with tahini or pureed beans
Thinking back though, I used to make a ranch with blended cashew creme and balsamic I was good with

there are a couple of ways to make salad dressings without a lot of fats - hemp seeds spun up with your other favourite flavours like lemon, rice vinegar, mustard, sweetener (I use maple syrup), soy sauce, garlic powder or real garlic etc is wonderful - walnut based is also really good - I use hummus (you can make it without tahini) as a base for most of my dressings/sauces and just add the same things I do to the hemp seeds and it is less expensive than hemp seeds

today I am having oatmeal, soy curls crumbs, berries, banana and the rest of gang...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

there are a couple of ways to make salad dressings without a lot of fats - hemp seeds spun up with your other favourite flavours like lemon, rice vinegar, mustard, sweetener (I use maple syrup), soy sauce, garlic powder or real garlic etc is wonderful - walnut based is also really good - I use hummus (you can make it without tahini) as a base for most of my dressings/sauces and just add the same things I do to the hemp seeds and it is less expensive than hemp seeds

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I know. I don't like them :tired_face:
I have had salads where I forgot to bring dressing but had juicy fruit, that's ok.
I don't even like hummus much less as a dressing. Beans have a icky texture as a dressing. The worse tip for me was using ground flax! 😝
I used to eat like that, trying to get back as I fear for my brain, and my joints....

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Toast with spread and Marmite made with artisan ww sourdough bread. What a difference
compared to the supermarket stuff! :)
Funny. I was just saying I prefer the bread from Coop to the expensive loaf I just bought.

I am also having artisan bread with Flora spread, no Marmite.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
Funny. I was just saying I prefer the bread from Coop to the expensive loaf I just bought.

I am also having artisan bread with Flora spread, no Marmite.

Granary and whole wheat sliced supermarket bread in the UK is very good. However, in some countries (including France)
artisan style bread tastes far better. They really don't know how to make moist sliced bread.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I made a delicious salad and had a sliced up vegan chicken burger on top. I made the salad while it cooked in the AF. Mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, green olives, parsley and a dressing with balsamic glaze and olive oil. That is a keeper. :lick:

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Nothing yet, but I think I'm going to make a vegan egg, sausage and cheese sandwich with avocado on toasted Italian bread. I have some homemade Just Egg patties in the freezer that I can use.

Reactions: Raven and Emma JC