Whatcha Eatin?

Chocolate-Caramel Soy Latte. Steel-cut oats with maple syrup. 2 Gardein Spicy Breakfast Sausage Patties.
For lunch we're having Beyond Burgers on a bun, with mayo, mustard, dill relish, onion slivers and a tomato slice.
I made some Onion Dip last night with PC Plant Based Sour Cream and 2/3 of a pouch of Knorr Onion Soup. Ate it with Tostitos Cantina thin and crispy chips. Dip was good but needs a little more tang. Maybe just a touch of vinegar or lemon juice in it.

if you would like a similar dip but with a bit less fat in it, you can use soft silken tofu - it works the same way, just use an immersion blender, if you have one, to mix it up before adding the soup mix - then let it sit in the fridge for a bit to let the flavour spread

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: EllieW
if you would like a similar dip but with a bit less fat in it, you can use soft silken tofu - it works the same way, just use an immersion blender, if you have one, to mix it up before adding the soup mix - then let it sit in the fridge for a bit to let the flavour spread

Emma JC
I'm suffering from tofu avoidance. I keep looking up recipes on what to do with it but still on the fence about trying it. One day . . . .
Thanks for the tip though. Maybe it will throw me over the fence!

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm suffering from tofu avoidance. I keep looking up recipes on what to do with it but still on the fence about trying it. One day . . . .
Thanks for the tip though. Maybe it will throw me over the fence!

I am not a huge tofu person either, they tend to go bad in the fridge before I use them - this is one exception which I only do occasionally however my honey tends to buy the nasty dip, out there, if I don't occassionally make this for him.

My other favourite use is the ricotta shells pasta dish and I am going to do that again soon.

Maybe once I get an air fryer I will try more tofu things.

Emma JC

• Friendly
I am not a huge tofu person either, they tend to go bad in the fridge before I use them - this is one exception which I only do occasionally however my honey tends to buy the nasty dip, out there, if I don't occassionally make this for him.

My other favourite use is the ricotta shells pasta dish and I am going to do that again soon.

Maybe once I get an air fryer I will try more tofu things.

Emma JC
I've seen lots of recipes for crispy air fried tofu and it's what I would like to try I think. And I've seen recipes for using the silken tofu in dips and desserts. One day I'll try it. Not sure what's holding me back, I'm usually the first person to try new food items.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
I had tofu the other day and didn't like it. I could really taste the soya! It's strange as I used to like it.:iiam:

I had some roasted baby potatoes with salad earlier.

• Love
  • Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and EllieW

Emma JC
I make spinach dip with French onion soup/dip mix, with silken tofu, but I add a glob of vegan mayo, and some lemon and dijon, That's always what I'm requested to make for pot lucks. Of course adding drained chopped spinach, sometimes artichokes.
Super good in a crock with FYH smoked gouda melted on top

I had oat groats, flax, amla powder and blueberries for breakfast.
Now having a sea salt dark chocolate Moser Roth bar

• Informative
Gingerbread Soy Latte. 2 sourdough rye crusts, one with peanut butter, one with jam (I don't like peanut butter and jam together on the same slice LOL)
Mac and cheez for lunch with enough left over for a snack later.

Reactions: Emma JC
going to wait for lunch to eat today and have myself one of my fav noodley soups... brussels sprouts, green onion, mushroom, frozen kale, wakame, soy curls, base of miso/red pepper paste and a bit of flavour from the noodle package, noodles, arugula, a bit of soy sauce, gourmet vinegar, lemon juice, turmeric/pepper

Emma JC

I had a Pumpkin Pie Soy Latte. A grilled pocket sandwich with Violife Mature Cheddar slice on sourdough rye. For lunch, Field Roast Mini Corn Dogs with rice & peas.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52