Whatcha Eatin?

Your lattes sound so tasty. Do you make them yourself?
I do make them myself. I make cold brew coffee concentrate and always have an air pot of that in the fridge. I use 1/4 cup of that, 1/2 cup of soy milk, 1/2 cup boiling water, 2 tbsp sugar-free Davinci Syrup and a tbsp mct oil. Warm that up in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Whip it for a second with an immersion blender and voila! Latte. I have more flavors of Davinci syrups than the coffee shops. My SIL's eyes light up when she comes over and gets to choose a flavor. Plus I mix a lot of flavors together. Usually with the Chocolate and Madagascar Vanilla syrups. Like Hazelnut and Chocolate for Nutella, Peanut Butter and Chocolate for Peanut Butter Cup, Vanilla and orange for Dreamsicle, Chocolate and mint for Peppermint Paddy, and so on.

A Nutella Soy Latte. A big fat crust of sourdough rye with peanut butter.
For lunch I'm making a sourdough rye breakfast sandwich with Yves Canadian Bacon, Just Egg, Violife Mature Cheddar Slice. Toasted up in the convection oven. I'm giving one to hubby too, let's see if he likes that version of bacon. I'm trying to get him off the pig bacon. No luck so far. I show him pix of those cute pigs and so far it hasn't helped. LOL Bacon and ham, those are the last two holdouts of his.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
A warm mini tortilla with melted Violife/red roast peppers/sliced avocado/jalapeno hot sauce.
Strong French press coffee with soya milk/cream/stevia.
I just had a very similar breakfast. Cup of coffee and then marinated mushrooms and red onions in a tortilla wrap with mustard.

I just made a chickpea salad for lunch. Chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, chopped up gherkins and red onion with vegan mayo, hot sauce and apple cider vinegar.

I had a Salted Irish Cream Soy Latte. Then my current favorite sandwich, sourdough rye slathered with mayo and mustard and Yves Salami and Violife Mature Cheddar slice.
Not sure what I'm having for lunch. Probably a bean and rice salad with grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, dressed with mayo and sweet onion vinaigrette. And supper is a complete crap shoot at the moment. LOL

I do make them myself. I make cold brew coffee concentrate and always have an air pot of that in the fridge. I use 1/4 cup of that, 1/2 cup of soy milk, 1/2 cup boiling water, 2 tbsp sugar-free Davinci Syrup and a tbsp mct oil. Warm that up in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Whip it for a second with an immersion blender and voila! Latte. I have more flavors of Davinci syrups than the coffee shops. My SIL's eyes light up when she comes over and gets to choose a flavor. Plus I mix a lot of flavors together. Usually with the Chocolate and Madagascar Vanilla syrups. Like Hazelnut and Chocolate for Nutella, Peanut Butter and Chocolate for Peanut Butter Cup, Vanilla and orange for Dreamsicle, Chocolate and mint for Peppermint Paddy, and so on.
Oh my gosh, I never thought to use the immersion blender for a latte. I make cold brew coffee concentrate as well. Thank you for sharing your recipe! I definitely will try making one. :)

Reactions: EllieW
Oh my gosh, I never thought to use the immersion blender for a latte. I make cold brew coffee concentrate as well. Thank you for sharing your recipe! I definitely will try making one. :)
The only thing I found, even though I prefer the taste of oatmilk, I had to switch to soy milk as the oatmilk was a bit erratic as to whether it would froth or not and without froth, well, it's just coffee. LOL
I just got an oatmilk recipe book and in there she talks about using oatmilk for a latte but she uses the barista blend. I haven't tried that. If you don't have the Davinci flavored syrups you could of course use extracts and sugar or sweetener.
I heat my ingredients up in a 4 cup glass measuring cup and blend it right in there before pouring it into my coffee mug.
I'm drinking an English Toffee one right now.

Reactions: Emma JC
A Greek style salad; sliced peeled tomatoes (locally grown),sliced cucumber,avocado, roast red peppers,cubes of Violife Greek cheese, Greek black olives, vinaigrette (half rapeseed/half evo) chopped fresh basil/yeast flakes.
Apple compote with soya cream/stevia.
Cherry & elderflower infusion/stevia.

1631533479534.png

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I tried the Gregg's vegan sausage, bean and cheeze melt.

Hmm, I was not impressed! I have another one in the freezer, unfortunately. :lol:

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
The only thing I found, even though I prefer the taste of oatmilk, I had to switch to soy milk as the oatmilk was a bit erratic as to whether it would froth or not and without froth, well, it's just coffee. LOL
I just got an oatmilk recipe book and in there she talks about using oatmilk for a latte but she uses the barista blend. I haven't tried that. If you don't have the Davinci flavored syrups you could of course use extracts and sugar or sweetener.
I heat my ingredients up in a 4 cup glass measuring cup and blend it right in there before pouring it into my coffee mug.
I'm drinking an English Toffee one right now.
I have tried oat milk lattes at a local coffee shop and I just found them to be far too bland. I can't seem to get on the oat milk bandwagon. I probably would use either soy milk or almond milk. Soy does seem to froth better (I have made feeble attempts at making lattes at home). I don't have the syrups, but I figured I could use extract and sweetener, as you suggest. I actually don't like a very sweet latte (if I go to Starbucks, I often get only one pump of syrup for a grande or venti), but some of your flavors are making me reconsider! :) I had a maple latte on vacation once, and it was delicious. So I could try that. :) Or peppermint. I love peppermint lattes.

• Friendly
Reactions: EllieW