Whatcha Eatin?

I made another pizza. this time I used the dough you can buy at Trader Joes. I used the last of my homemade pasta sauce and put just olives, mushrooms, and sausages on it. the last pizza was a bit too heavy on the toppings. this one was a little too light. so the next one should be just right. :)

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Patiently waiting for the seitan ribz to be done, so I had a date with some almond butter. OMG! :drool:
Trader Joe's have a candy bar called These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars. Their description is pretty cute, too.

First dates can be wonderful…or a complete disaster. Luckily, our matchmaking skills here at Trader Joe’s are second-to-none. These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars are an example of our phenomenal cupid-like skills.​
When we introduced a handful of chopped, dry roasted peanuts to a dollop of date paste, sparks flew instantly. We then added a bit of peanut butter, flaxseed meal, and sea salt to the milieu, kicked up our heels, and watched an epic, snack-time romance unfold.​
Really, it only took five ingredients to make such a perfect match! And there’s no sugar added to this power couple—their love story is sweet enough as it is. Sink your teeth into one of these charmingly chewy, gluten free Barsand swoon for yourself!​
Of course, no dating is required for you to enjoy one. (Although taking some along on a first date hike would be adorable…) Whether you’re looking for breakfast on-the-go, a snack, or a no-added-sugar dessert, These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars are just the match for you.​

and they have a new one called This Coconut Brings Chocolate On A Date bar.

First dates can be a disaster. Lucky for you, Trader Joe’s matchmaking skills are second to none. Take Trader Joe’s This Coconut Brings Chocolate on a Date Bars bars, for example. When we introduced a handful of coconut flakes to a heaping helping of unsweetened chocolate chunks, sparks flew instantly. So we set them up on a date – a date with a dollop of date paste!​
With almond butter acting as wingman and cocoa powder playing chaperone, their romance was sealed—sealed into a five-ingredient, gluten-free snack bar, that is. These soft, square snack-bars don’t just stave off hunger; they genuinely satisfy a sweet tooth, too. Oh, and speaking of sweet, there’s no sugar added to this power couple – their love story is sweet enough as it is. Sink your teeth into one of these charmingly chewy bars and swoon for yourself!​

Trader Joe's have a candy bar called These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars. Their description is pretty cute, too.

First dates can be wonderful…or a complete disaster. Luckily, our matchmaking skills here at Trader Joe’s are second-to-none. These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars are an example of our phenomenal cupid-like skills.​
When we introduced a handful of chopped, dry roasted peanuts to a dollop of date paste, sparks flew instantly. We then added a bit of peanut butter, flaxseed meal, and sea salt to the milieu, kicked up our heels, and watched an epic, snack-time romance unfold.​
Really, it only took five ingredients to make such a perfect match! And there’s no sugar added to this power couple—their love story is sweet enough as it is. Sink your teeth into one of these charmingly chewy, gluten free Barsand swoon for yourself!​
Of course, no dating is required for you to enjoy one. (Although taking some along on a first date hike would be adorable…) Whether you’re looking for breakfast on-the-go, a snack, or a no-added-sugar dessert, These Peanuts Go On A Date Bars are just the match for you.​

and they have a new one called This Coconut Brings Chocolate On A Date bar.

First dates can be a disaster. Lucky for you, Trader Joe’s matchmaking skills are second to none. Take Trader Joe’s This Coconut Brings Chocolate on a Date Bars bars, for example. When we introduced a handful of coconut flakes to a heaping helping of unsweetened chocolate chunks, sparks flew instantly. So we set them up on a date – a date with a dollop of date paste!​
With almond butter acting as wingman and cocoa powder playing chaperone, their romance was sealed—sealed into a five-ingredient, gluten-free snack bar, that is. These soft, square snack-bars don’t just stave off hunger; they genuinely satisfy a sweet tooth, too. Oh, and speaking of sweet, there’s no sugar added to this power couple – their love story is sweet enough as it is. Sink your teeth into one of these charmingly chewy bars and swoon for your​
Like their fruit snack bars--'this apple walked into a bar...'

I'm about to make something like that! Last time was like an oatmeal cookie, with walnuts, spices and oats (and dates).
Maybe a choco peanut thing? I just bought some peanuts!

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I'm having a red cabbage slaw with creamy walnut dressing, pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus
a few slices of crispy (bacon flavoured) air fried tofu.
Coconut milk yogurt
Cherry & hisbiscus infusion

just about to try making chickpea flour omelettes to go with our beans for brunch... first time...wish me luck...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Oh yeah, I like those! I have a bag of Bobs chickpea flour,and hadn't thought about doing that for so long.
I'm making pinto beans for refried beans and Mexican restaurant style rice

Reactions: Emma JC
just about to try making chickpea flour omelettes to go with our beans for brunch... first time...wish me luck...

Emma JC

I have made chickpea flour omelettes and scrambles lots of times. I use black salt (Kala Namak) in mine, which I assume you are using? It isn't critical in my opinion, but it does have that egg-like smell and flavour. If you do add it, make sure to add it at the very end, as the flavour disappears after you cook it for a while. You wouldn't notice it if you add it in the beginning. It just fades into the omelette.

Overall I find chickpea scrambles and omelettes quite tasty. It is similar to eggs but not quite the same. Personally, I didn't expect it to be exactly the same, which helps. The leftovers with a little veganaise and scallion makes a pretty convincing egg salad, imho. It's really easy to be creative with. Add some vegan cheese even.

Please let us know how it comes out and maybe give us a recipe?
I've done chickpea (besan, or gram flour) flour omlettes with equal parts chikpea flour and water--I used to keep a mix in the fridge where I mixed a cup of flour with 1/2 teas baking powder, and 2 Tblsp ground flax, and spices. Mix 1:1 mix and water.
I liked to saute onions, mushrooms, peppers first, remove, then add the batter, cover a minute, flip, wait till top starts getting dry, add the stuff, roll.
I love kala namak even though I didn't like eggs!

I haven't done this in so long. It was like the only thing I used that chikpea flour for !