Whatcha Eatin ? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
For breakfast, I had a very simple muesli: rolled oats with an apple. For lunch, it was a vegan falafel burger with fresh-made french fries on the side at the farmer's mar5ket , and a Braeburn apple some time later.

(There's a farmer/vendor at this farmer's market who has the most amazing variety of apples: the commonly-available ones like Delicious, Golden Delicious, and Honeycrisp, but also others like Stayman Winesap, Braeburn, Red Haroldson, Arkansas Black, Suncrisp... I asked them today how many different varieties they had, and they said about 40.)

Sauteed red cabbage in teriyaki sauce; "Jerusalem" hummus on veggie bread; pickled yuba in sour-spicy sauce; georgian-style pickled cabbage; turkish dried apricots; our own champagne apples.:p

Reactions: PTree15
A spice raisin muffin, a chocolate chip cookie and a cup of tea.

Reactions: Val
Lol at not eating today. As if what I posted above constitutes as not eating. :lol:
Same! :fp: I feel like a giant gummy bear:apple:
I just had golden beets with balsamic vinegar. I'll have to compare nutrition, I really hate the red of beets, but I think I like the taste better? Not sure
Gonna have some tea

I have "improved" the idea of my flexible huge morning salad. Right now i've made it out of tomatoes, raw shredded beets and raw cauliflower instead of kale or napa-cabbage. I mean, i do eat kale every day, because i like it and my guts like it (as well as napa-cabbage), but as soon as i've never(!) had raw cauliflower before, i decided i need to eat a decent amount of it in order to define its influence on my blocky carcass.:p This time i'm trying a new variety of chaat masala seasoning which contains lots of asafoetida but doesn't contain lemongrass, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Lentil & vegetable soup served with a drizzle of rapeseed oil plus a slice of sourdough, whole-wheat baguette and chickpea purée.
A leftover over quinoa & vegeable fritter.

Lentil & vegetable soup served with a drizzle of rapeseed oil plus a slice of sourdough, whole-wheat baguette and chickpea purée.
A leftover over quinoa & vegeable fritter.
You are reading my thoughts.:) I'm up to making my first:eek: vegan fritters (i want them to contain vegetables and/or legumes only). In order not to spoil many expensive ingredients, today i was going to buy a ready "potato-courgette mix for bliny & oladjyi (pancakes and fritters)". But i have a very bad reaction to oil. I avoid any oil as much as i can. ...Do you think there is any posibility to make them without oil, so that they would be sour and savory, not sweet, but wouldn't be falling apart?
Thanks in advance.:flower:

You are reading my thoughts.:) I'm up to making my first:eek: vegan fritters (i want them to contain vegetables and/or legumes only). In order not to spoil many expensive ingredients, today i was going to buy a ready "potato-courgette mix for bliny & oladjyi (pancakes and fritters)". But i have a very bad reaction to oil. I avoid any oil as much as i can. ...Do you think there is any posibility to make them without oil, so that they would be sour and savory, not sweet, but wouldn't be falling apart?
Thanks in advance.:flower:

You don't need to add oil to bind them as you have lots of moisture from the vegetable mash. I just add some soya cream or milk if needed. You can also bake them if you don't want to fry them. Are you sure that your reaction isn't due to overheating the oil and too much of it ? Oil really isn't bad if you eat it in small quantities and occasionally.

Vegetable fritters are delicious. :up:

You don't need to add oil to bind them as you have lots of moisture from the vegetable mash. I just add some soya cream or milk if needed. You can also bake them if you don't want to fry them. Are you sure that your reaction isn't due to overheating the oil and too much of it ? Oil really isn't bad if you eat it in small quantities and occasionally.

Vegetable fritters are delicious. :up:
Thank you so much.:hug: Adding soy cream seems a good idea to me.:flirt: I don't worry about binding them, i'm just worried about their glueing to the frying pan's surface, because my pans are not perfect.:p
P.S.: when i eat something oily (even a little oily), i have dyspnea, swelling, i get sweaty and sticky, plus mostly because of that i get bloated for a long time and have dyspepsia. Now my symptoms are less obvious than e.g. 3 yrs ago, but i'm still suffering from, i dunno, oil intolerance.:D

Thank you so much.:hug: Adding soy cream seems a good idea to me.:flirt: I don't worry about binding them, i'm just worried about their glueing to the frying pan's surface, because my pans are not perfect.:p
P.S.: when i eat something oily (even a little oily), i have dyspnea, swelling, i get sweaty and sticky, plus mostly because of that i get bloated for a long time and have dyspepsia. Now my symptoms are less obvious than e.g. 3 yrs ago, but i'm still suffering from, i dunno, oil intolerance.:D

So you would have to dip them in flour ,soya milk and breadcrumbs. That's is how I make my fritters. If not they will surely stick. If not you could bake them.

Status
Not open for further replies.