Whatcha Drinkin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Well, we all do it.... drink things, that is. ;) So what are you currently enjoying? Coffee, tea, water, juice, a soft drink, a smoothie, an energy drink, a shot, a cocktail, some beer or wine? Perhaps something a bit more exotic? Whether it's "tea time" or "Miller time," give a shout! :)

(I might create a poll for this.... later.) :p

The second to last Founder's All Day IPA. Also did what I call a mini-shot with my kitty... well, to/for my deceased kitty.... a tiny bit of vodka (from a little Smirnoff shooter bottle) & a healthy splash of Sparkling Ice beverage in a tiny shot glass (that apparently belonged to grandfather) that sits atop my cat's jar of ashes. I've mentioned that before... it used to be an every day thing at first... now it's one or two on Saturday nights.

I need to wean myself off of the Sparkling Ice, though... they use sucralose. And that's what's in my Deadpool sippy-cup all the time, it's what Jer & I do shots with. I like flavor, more tart than sweet, I want to avoid added sugar, but substitutes aren't really any better... and the sparkling waters with "essence" of whatever are OK, but they don't quite cut it for me.... :|

This beer, however, does not disappoint. ;)

I was getting the La Croix (actually Aldi knock off - "La Vie") in grapefruit-just sparkling water and flavor. I got away from wanting the bubbly part, and now just like lemon water.
I used to drink things with sucralose- I'd search the label of diet pop for it because I hated nutri-sweet. Now after quitting pop completely all non sugars taste horrid, all taste like chemicals, which is what a thought of nutrisweet! Sadly, even the plant stevia, though it's alright fresh, but I still dislike it

I'm drinking Aldi fair trade German medium roast coffee. It's not at all acidic. I also think I wanted a temp controlled kettle so badly because my old plastic one boiled way too high a temp. this one is still at a simmer at 200, the other was rolling
ETA- just found that on my new kettle the water level window doesn't show the water actually boiling. I opened the lid and indeed the water is at a rolling boil! I'm not 100% happy with it, the lid opening is small, the water indicator is absolutely useless, and now I feel bad about the price. OTOH, I can't go to a store to compare any so I'd be ordering online again. Hmmmmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I don't know if I've ever had a IPA. I'm not at all beer savvy, Yuengling black and tan was my favorite, but I did like Heinekin, and Molson, and Blue Moon. Hated Bud and Pabsts and strohs

It's warm outside, and i'm drinking my favourite chilled grapefruit and pineapple flavoured beer:rolleyes:

A big ol' glass of water. Kind of boring, lol, but when I get home tonight, I might have wine with dinner.

Coffee with a sprinkling of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of organic unsweetened soy milk, & a spoonful of Silk hazelnut creamer.

Coffee with a sprinkling of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of organic unsweetened soy milk, & a spoonful of Silk hazelnut creamer.
I usually drink coffee black (unless it's soy latte or something), but your combo sounds good.

The second of two Founder's All Day IPAs I brought from Jer's... I'll have to start workin' on the Heineken shortly.... ;)

Reactions: PTree15
I've had two All Day IPAs and one Heineken, about to drink a second. The 'rents are back, and Dad poured a glass of wine for himself that must be the alcoholic equivalent of three of my beers.... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.