The Cat Lovers Thread

But the little calico reminds me of Stella. 😍

I can't see the pics for some reason. Oh, now I can, I opened it in a different tab. :cat:

Reactions: KLS52
While I completely agree with you right now I do hope that cultured meats can be advanced for domestic animals.
I often wonder what foods for cats would be mainstreamed if a vegan diet actually caught on in any measurable way. Of course I would seriously hope the populations would decrease and breeding banned!

A guy I'm working with now breeds Siamese cats--just the two he has, but I find that so upsetting. I guess a couple years ago he had a surprise litter and found people would pay for kittens so he continued. :worried:

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and Tom L.
@silva About people paying for kittens: Kittens seem to be valued more than adult cats in my area, too. At least one shelter here charges a considerably lower adoption fee for adult cats than for kittens- not an astronomical difference in cost, no.... but it's sad that they have to do this to give an adult animal a better chance for a home. There's no denying how brain-splortingly cute kittens are, but as Ogden Nash once wrote:

The trouble with a kitten is that
Eventually, it becomes a cat.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Selena can be a very, very needy, sweet cat. She was usually completely obsessed with my husband but now she seems to have become my cat more and she won't leave me alone. I love her. Trust me, she's a sweetheart. It's just annoying sometimes when I have to get up and do something and she makes a grumpy noise. She does love nibbles too.PXL_20231011_235438114.jpg

Selena can be a very, very needy, sweet cat. She was usually completely obsessed with my husband but now she seems to have become my cat more and she won't leave me alone. I love her. Trust me, she's a sweetheart. It's just annoying sometimes when I have to get up and do something and she makes a grumpy noise. She does love nibbles too.
My Joon is the same way. If I try to sit for even five minutes she's on me in a flash. Sometimes I have to keep getting up and down if I'm busy and she gets mad because I have to keep disturbing her lol.