Whatcha Drinkin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader Joes harvest tea is so good I may go back for more! That, and I forgot their tea tree soap i like.
It's hibiscus with cinnamon, ginger and apple. Surprisingly rich tasting. It's seasonal, I wish i knew what company makes it- sound familiar to anyone o_O?

The "next big thing" is without a doubt mead (not suitable for vegans... wine made by fermenting honey)... I'm just pondering if the formula to figure out the calories in beer also applies to mead, and other wine for that matter. This one is made with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries and is quite delicious. I'm tempted to have another glass, but calories that come along with being 13.5% ABV, yikes!

22788928_10212273370322498_5860966817431763573_n.jpg

Mostly in the week it's tea (builders' tea from Tesco or wherever). I do like good strong coffee too (none of your latte milarky) and it's all good and cheap in Spain. At the weekend I also have Rioja or Ribera del Duero: both are 13.5% but I don't drink a lot. I don't believe that water's healthy really, it's the very essence of bland. But I will drink water in very hot weather.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I just made the most amazing hot chocolate with organic cacao powder and a blend of cashew/coconut milk and Silk creamer. I added some dandees marshmallows too.

Lots of tea. I have a sore throat and it's helping it a bit.

Try this for the throat: juice of half a lemon, large tsp honey, 1 shot of whiskey and a little water. Go easy on the water! My mum used to give me this when I was still at primary school! And suck the honey of a teaspoon just dipped in it whenever you need it. Are vegans allowed honey? My friend Fernando swears he is kind to his bees, so I think mine is OK. The Vegan Soc say "Honey is the honey bees’ single source of food and essential nutrients during poorer weather and the winter months." Here in Malaga province we don't have winter, honestly. We go straight from autumn to spring. The oranges are in fruit now and in December and in early January the almond blossom is already on the trees.

Try slippery elm bark or....

008130.jpg

Back when I gigged with a loud horn section & was overtaxing my voice, I always had a Thermos of this. :up: And it's vegan! :)

Last edited:
A teensy shot of green apple Smirnoff mixed with Bai (clementine) and the first of many All Day IPAs.... ;)

Try this for the throat: juice of half a lemon, large tsp honey, 1 shot of whiskey and a little water. Go easy on the water! My mum used to give me this when I was still at primary school! And suck the honey of a teaspoon just dipped in it whenever you need it. Are vegans allowed honey? My friend Fernando swears he is kind to his bees, so I think mine is OK. The Vegan Soc say "Honey is the honey bees’ single source of food and essential nutrients during poorer weather and the winter months." Here in Malaga province we don't have winter, honestly. We go straight from autumn to spring. The oranges are in fruit now and in December and in early January the almond blossom is already on the trees.
Thank you! I don't eat honey, but I suppose I could try agave syrup :). That actually sounds pretty good, even without a sore throat, hehe.

Just opened & took a wee taste of this:

traverse.jpg
<--- Not my bottle, mine's 2015. LOL :p But I like.... it'll go nicely with my mushroom stroganoff.... :up:

Tea again. And I'm under the weather again. Blah. Might try Peter's remedy -- later in the afternoon, hehe.

I went to a restaurant on New Year's Eve with friends, and the staff were giving out (very small) samples of tequila. I passed on it, mostly because I didn't see the point of wasting the little plastic thing the samples were served in. But at the end of the evening, one sample someone hadn't drunk was on the table. I sniffed at it, and my nose promptly said "WHOA!! NASTY!.... DO! NOT! DRINK! THAT!" I perversely took another whiff and my nose started screaming at me again. I would have liked to satisfy my curiosity- I think I only had one sip of Southern Comfort once, and it was memorably foul-tasting.

But.... [cue Lynyrd Skynyrd] oo-oooooo, that smell...[/L.S.]

I went to a restaurant on New Year's Eve with friends, and the staff were giving out (very small) samples of tequila. I passed on it, mostly because I didn't see the point of wasting the little plastic thing the samples were served in. But at the end of the evening, one sample someone hadn't drunk was on the table. I sniffed at it, and my nose promptly said "WHOA!! NASTY!.... DO! NOT! DRINK! THAT!" I perversely took another whiff and my nose started screaming at me again. I would have liked to satisfy my curiosity- I think I only had one sip of Southern Comfort once, and it was memorably foul-tasting.

But.... [cue Lynyrd Skynyrd] oo-oooooo, that smell...[/L.S.]
The merest whiff of tequila or So-Co makes me feel ill.... :yuck: LOL

Why is honey not vegan?

3 Reasons to Stop Eating Honey | Care2 Healthy Living

Status
Not open for further replies.