Health Issues What is your opinion on immunisations?

Would you vaccinate your child if you were a parent?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Only one vaccine at a time

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Only some vaccines

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
This is perhaps more because the father wanted them vaccinated, though. The ruling would have been the same regardless of the mother and children being vegan.

I agree , I was a bit concerned that the mother thought her kids " had strong immune systems which definitely helps in protecting them from diseases." which in some cases is correct , but if you don't have anti bodies in your system and get exposed , you will go under .

Vaccinations are critical for the survival of the species and especially its most vulnerable members. This is one of those things where I think people shouldn't really get to have "opinions" about it. Unless your kids have some kind of medical condition that conflicts with a vaccine they need to be vaccinated, not just for their own sake but for the kids around them.

Until manufacturers of mass medicine get on board with veganism (which might never happen) I think most of us are going to have to begrudgingly agree to get vaccinations that might have animal products in them. The safety of the human population (and some of the animal population in some cases) is more important than a sense of personal purity.

The only thing I haven't gotten vaccinated for yet is HPV because I know I'm not going to have the kind of contact through which HPV is spread.

Which is a good thing so it can become a strong immune system one day.
Even if the infant does not have immediate ill effects from the vaccines, they may not be as effective long-term if given too early in life. The way that vaccines work is to stimulate an immune response, and newborns do not have a very developed immune system. For example, contracting chicken pox as an infant can mean a better chance of not carrying the immunity to adulthood. A child who is older when infected is more likely to retain lifetime immunity.

As far as @Indian Summer 's point about the additives, they are the main objection I have to vaccines. I receive the mercury-free flu vaccine even though I have to pay for it vs the free thimerosol one offered at my work. Mercury just builds up in the body 4 lyfe.

Vaccinations are critical for the survival of the species and especially its most vulnerable members. This is one of those things where I think people shouldn't really get to have "opinions" about it. Unless your kids have some kind of medical condition that conflicts with a vaccine they need to be vaccinated, not just for their own sake but for the kids around them.

Until manufacturers of mass medicine get on board with veganism (which might never happen) I think most of us are going to have to begrudgingly agree to get vaccinations that might have animal products in them. The safety of the human population (and some of the animal population in some cases) is more important than a sense of personal purity.

The only thing I haven't gotten vaccinated for yet is HPV because I know I'm not going to have the kind of contact through which HPV is spread.
HPV is even more prevalent in men than in women, and it is recommended that everyone who plans any kind of sexual contact be vaccinated. https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv-and-men.htm

I didn't know this , a natural mutation of a gene supposedly caused by past epidemics , ranges from 4% to 16% of the population , depends which country in Europe you are from .

Did Black Death boost HIV immunity in Europe? : Nature News

Devastating epidemics that swept Europe during the Middle Ages seem to have had an unexpected benefit - leaving 10% of today's Europeans resistant to HIV infection.

But epidemics of which disease? Researchers claimed this week that plague helped boost our immunity to HIV, but rival teams are arguing that the credit should go to smallpox.

This webpage

The Latest Cancer-Fighting News

has an orange button near the top that will take you to another webpage that has anti-vaccination material.
It is running a 7-part "documentary" on vaccinations.

Episode 1 – The History of Vaccines, Smallpox, Vaccine Safety & the Current CDC Schedule (Aired on April 12th)

Episode 2 - What’s in a Vaccine? Are Vaccines Effective? … and … What About Polio? (Aired on April 13th)

Episode 3 - An Analysis of the MMR & DTaP Vaccines & Vaccinating for the Greater Good (Aired on April 14th)

Episode 4 –NOW PLAYING- Examining Influenza, the HIB and Pneumococcal Vaccines & Herd Immunity

https://go2.thetruthaboutvaccines.com/docuseries/episode-4

Episode 5 – Considering the HPV and Hepatitis B Vaccines, SIDS & Shaken Baby Syndrome (Airs on April 16th at 9:00 P.M. Eastern)

Episode 6 – A Closer Look at the CDC, Chicken-Pox and Rotavirus Vaccines & Retroviruses (Airs on April 17th at 9:00 P.M. Eastern)

Episode 7 – Natural Immunization, Homeoprophylaxis & Fundamental Freedom of Choice (Airs on April 18th at 9:00 P.M. Eastern)

Each episode will be available for 24 hours online for you to watch, then we have to take it down to put up the next episode.