Status
Not open for further replies.

amberfunk

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
What did you do for lunch today?

I found a recipe on youtube awhile back for a vegan pizza with a tofu mozzarella. I decided to finally try it today after getting the yeast needed. It was so good. Crust was very thick so I'll have to half the dough next time. I also made a ranch from stratch since that's what I usually dipped my crust in. It's pretty good considering I didn't have any dill to put in it.

Reactions: Qwaychou and Alex_M
left over steamed veg roughly processed together with some basil and rosemary a dash of tomato relish and a spoonful of vegan yogurt. Rolled into patties and crumbed, gently fried then served with fresh lettuce and tomato on toasted buns
Made enough for tomorrow as well.

I had a kumato, kale and daiya montery jack sandwich with a little bit of leftover tofu omelette.

Leftover lentils and mustard greens and will be today's lunch as well.

Left over veg and lentils put through the food processor with a little water and tomato paste to make a sauce to pour over pasta. Garnished with fresh grape tomatoes and fresh basil.

Dal nirvana with rice and turnip greens.

I usually eat the same thing every day for lunch. It just makes things easier. :)

8 oz of seitan
1/2 green pepper
4 or 5 mushrooms (chopped up)
veggie stock
4 cups of rice
spices

This ends up being a giant bowl of soup, but it tastes really good and the meal has at least 76g of protein.

I need to find some good vegan hot chocolate. It was -12C when I woke up this morning.
Oh no, getting colder over here, too. Chocolate helps stave off the inevitability of foul winter weather, though. :) I'm forever visiting a cafe who make wonderful vegan soy hot chocolate. Definitely eclipses the milk powder based lattes I used to drink. Wish you luck in your quest!

Reactions: TofuRobot
Having leftover sietan and black bean gumbo. Made it last night for dinner with leftover seitan and black beans that I had cooked the day before. Just had to cook the onion, make the roux and put some fresh kale in. Very filling and yummy.

Leftover portabella stew from last night. It was as wonderful as I had hoped. Reminded me of my childhood when we ate dinty moore out of a can. Of course mine was way healthier. Just needed some tapioca starch mixed with water mixed into it to make it thicker. Will definitely be on the menu throughout winter. Now if I could just get my son to try it.

Had a hashbrown, leftover black bean gumbo, a roll and fudge and cherries for dessert. I ate this while everyone else was eating the traditional thanksgiving meal at work.

Reactions: betiPT
Status
Not open for further replies.