What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homemade sausage rolls on whole wheat bread with some onion, Cos lettuce and salt.

Sausage rolls: oat flour, mashed potato, chia/sunflower flour, pasta sauce, Italian herbs, salt. Cooked gently in a very small amount of peanut oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Whole wheat pasta and this sauce.

Burritos:

Whole wheat flat bread wraps (whole wheat, water, salt), filled with
broccoli
shredded carrot
caramelized onion
red bell pepper
my homemade vegan sausages (see previous post but add white beans as I forgot to list)
pumpkin seeds
salt

Last edited:
I made what I'm calling "Quorned beef stew". It's basically a corned beef stew, but in place of corned beef I've shredded and fried some Quorn vegan burgers with onions and a little bit of green chili. Instead of the usual beef stock (bleugrgh) I used Vegan bouillon and a dollop of yeast extract! then in the pot added chopped potatoes, carrots, and onions, and left it to simmer for aaaages.

I'm sick at the moment with a cold, so was am in need of some comfort food.

I also made some aquafaba meringue kisses last night. I added cocoa and orange essence to make them chocolate orange. The cocoa may have weighed them down a bit because they are more like coins than kisses, they are super yummy though. The whole office is crunching through them. :)

Sandwiches:

Sourdough bread filled with lettuce, cucumber, shredded carrot, my homemade vegan sausages, mushroom, and a sweet mustard sauce that was also homemade.

Tofu, potatoes, peas and onions in my favorite Maya Kaimal Madras Curry Sauce. I get at least 4-5 large servings out of it (and if cooking for others, I could probably dress it up to 6-8 servings with bread or side dishes). This is opposed to the 3 servings the jar says you'll get. I'm like HA HAHA HA no, not for 6 dollars a jar. I add a little water because of the frozen peas, and oil due to the onions, which I guess thins it out. I love making a pot of this stuff, though I think added up it's a little more pricey per portion than making my tofu curries with red paste, canned coconut milk, stewed tomatoes, and tumeric.

Mmm curries.

A salad with lots of romaine lettuce and this locally made tofu "egg salad" (it's vegan) which I think is spectacular. And a smoothie after with frozen bananas (always peel your bananas before freezing, folks, otherwise prepare to freeze your fingers and use a very sharp knife), chocolate coconut milk, and a spoonful of almond butter.

Brunch was a combination of noodles, homemade hash browns and fries, leek, celery, tomato, soaked pumpkin seeds, broccoli and seasonings.

Brunch today:

Scrambled chickpea with sauteed mushroom and green onion (the growth of the onion plant - from my garden), seasoned with salt, turmeric, black pepper. I did use a little oil to saute the mushrooms.

and

Hash brown sandwiches - Whole wheat bread, hash browns, Cos lettuce, tomato, pickle slices, salt.

For breakfast I was not hungry, so I just had coffee with raw sugar and Tahini milk.

Popcorn tofu wraps with co-op vegan ranch.

As someone who has made my requisite buy in to the co-op and shops the minimum to get a small monthly and yearly discount, I'm going to request they bottle and sell the ranch. I think it's too free of preservatives to sell in big bottles, but I'll recommend small amounts be sold in the deli like house made hummus.

A soft corn tortilla filled with a shroomdog, grated Violife, slaw, hot green sauce, sour cream and a sprinkle of Tajine.
A juicy mango.

I had lunch with some former work colleagues at Gobi Mongolian Grill. I had all kinds of veggies and some rice noodles stir-fried with sesame ginger sauce. Delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.