What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had store bought corn chips plus a homemade lentil spread I've been using throughout the week. That and some Cos lettuce and carrot

Reactions: Emma JC
I made some oatmeal and mixed in dried cranberries. I also added some cherry syrup. I had peanuts for breakfast.

Two tomato sandwiches with Vegenaise on whole grain bread.

Last night I got a big bag of "ugly produce." I froze the bananas for smoothies, made a bunch of fried tomatoes last night for dinner (breaded simply with flour, salt and pepper), simmered some with spices and put them in the fridge for later, and still had enough fresh ones in good shape that i could make two sandwiches today. Plus I gave a few to my roommates. I don't know why someone was so generous with such a large number of tomatoes. It's a shame that people in America are so biased against ugly produce they throw out perfectly good food.

Forest Nymph - I am 52 and happily married. But, in a future life, I should marry you. Better yet, you could be my mother.

I have been bad the last few days. A bad advocate of healthy vegan living, but still vegan. My meals (breaky and lunch) have been Ramen (yes, the white flour palm oil fried crap, complete with flavor packet with MSG), Cos lettuce, other vegetables (tomato, Bell Pepper, carrot, mushroom, broccoli ) and a homemade sausage (potatoes, oats, sunflower/or chia seed, white beans, salt, spices and even a little oil for browning) and tater tots. Sometimes wholegrain bread.

+ beer (commercial and homemade) as dinner.

It's not lunchtime here yet. Today it's cold, and they electricity company are turning our electricity off between 8am and 3pm. I've got to go out to work later.....I'm hoping I can find a nice vegan soup somewhere on the road.

Split pea soup and homemade rosemary and sea salt crackers. Quite yummy. I have cashew mac waiting for me at home though. Man am I excited.
That sounds good. I ended up having a salad roll and an orange juice yesterday, as I couldn't find any vegan soup on the road.

Food today:

Coffee with raw sugar, then tomato juice with salt and turmeric.
The last packet of Ramen, with tater tots, broccoli, homemade sausages (oats, potoato, chia, white beans, Italian spices and salt), and Cos lettuce.
A shake made with Acai powder, frozen banana, sunflower seeds, dates and cinnamon
More potatoes, and scrambled "egg" (nixtamalized white beans, water, salt and small amounts of onion and turmeric), blended and cooked.
1/3 bag of junky corn chips and homemade salsa (tomato sauce, onion, garlic, salt, hot pepper).

...so far. It's around 5:30pm and not really hungry for dinner at this point.

Reactions: Emma JC
I just got back from a camping trip so was super excited to go to the local vegetarian restaurant and order a tempeh Reuben with Chao cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado and vegan 1000 island dressing on toasted sourdough. Then a side salad with tofu tahini dressing. Mmmmm.

I just got back from a camping trip so was super excited to go to the local vegetarian restaurant and order a tempeh Reuben with Chao cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado and vegan 1000 island dressing on toasted sourdough. Then a side salad with tofu tahini dressing. Mmmmm.

What did you eat on your camping trip? for how many days? you know I love this stuff.... lol .... living through the campers vicariously.

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
What did you eat on your camping trip? for how many days? you know I love this stuff.... lol .... living through the campers vicariously.

Emma JC

My breakfasts were granola with vegan protein powder and dried coconut milk with hot water, and cups of tea. Lunches were almond butter and dried cranberry sandwiches on flour tortillas and tiny cans of tomato juice. I brought some Cliff and Luna bars and Primal vegan jerky for snacks.

Dinners were included in the price of the student trip. The first night was the best ...rice noodles with tofu, veggies, and peanut sauce, with coconut rice and mango sauce for dessert. The second night we were given ingredients to cook on our own, pasta with veggie marinara, grilled garlic bread over a fire, and dessert balls made of pepperwood nuts, which taste a cross between chocolate and coffee. The worst night was taco night. Vegans got beans and veg, but no replacement for the cheese and sour cream the vegetarians got, and meat eaters got beef. The dessert that night was shortbread cookies with strawberry jam. The last night we had a delicious chili, local bread (with Earth Balance) and a green salad with a homemade basil dressing. Dessert was blackberry pie.

The dinners aside from the tacos were actually gourmet I can't complain, I was stunned at the level of quality provided. The trip cost $400 though and that included campsites, dinner and education.

My breakfasts were granola with vegan protein powder and dried coconut milk with hot water, and cups of tea. Lunches were almond butter and dried cranberry sandwiches on flour tortillas and tiny cans of tomato juice. I brought some Cliff and Luna bars and Primal vegan jerky for snacks.

Dinners were included in the price of the student trip. The first night was the best ...rice noodles with tofu, veggies, and peanut sauce, with coconut rice and mango sauce for dessert. The second night we were given ingredients to cook on our own, pasta with veggie marinara, grilled garlic bread over a fire, and dessert balls made of pepperwood nuts, which taste a cross between chocolate and coffee. The worst night was taco night. Vegans got beans and veg, but no replacement for the cheese and sour cream the vegetarians got, and meat eaters got beef. The dessert that night was shortbread cookies with strawberry jam. The last night we had a delicious chili, local bread (with Earth Balance) and a green salad with a homemade basil dressing. Dessert was blackberry pie.

The dinners aside from the tacos were actually gourmet I can't complain, I was stunned at the level of quality provided. The trip cost $400 though and that included campsites, dinner and education.

wow, well done! that sounds amazing

thank you for your reply

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Today's brunch was our favourite breakfast beans (onions and jalapeno) on toast with Ikea potato pancakes on the side and one piece of toast with peanut butter.

Emma JC

Status
Not open for further replies.