What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
High fiber whole wheat with lowered sodium vegemite and broccoli sprouts. A little later I had boiled potatoes and carrot with bbq sauce and mustard. Not a huge lunch, but the amount of food I had at breakfast esp including beans was more than enough to fill the gap.

For the last two days I've made a philly cheesesteak (one of my favorite sandwiches). Made with baby portabellas, peppers, onion, chao cheese and tofurky roast beef on french bread with veganaise.

today my honey is working from home so I went out and picked up....

Ikea veggie dogs....

The toppings are red cabbage, fried onions and mustard and they were delicious and 75 cents each.

Yup, my bad, we had 4 each.

Emma JC

Brunch:

Whole wheat high fiber seeded bread that includes flax among others, with my pinto bean spread, pickles, tomato, broccoli. Tater tots with a little apple cider vinegar and salt.

Reactions: Emma JC
The ice cream I snacked on after dinner last night - water, pinto beans, dates, flax (added after I posted), raw sugar, cacao and salt.

The taste was excellent, but doing a little more research I think I need to add a little more fat and churn it for a creamy texture.

Lunch was very similar to breakfast - same homemade flat wraps/chips with nearly the same
ingredients - and I didn't have it until 2pm (breakfast around 9am or so). The two
meals were enough to cover for dinner too. Lime juice with salt on my wheat chips. Jalapenos instead
of pickles. Not a single potato in sight today, in hash brown form or anything else.

I measured the time it took to make my whole grain /flax flat wraps. Not including kneading time (8min
done by a bread maker) - 20 minutes for over a kg of wraps, including clean up time. Cost to me: bout $1.50.

Between the brown rice I have pre-soaked/frozen and other food stuffs, the wraps should last me
at least 2 more days if not 3 or more.

I love being vegan!

oraz1.png

Ingredients:

-1 kg of rice.
-1/2 half cup of carrots.
-3 garlic cloves minced.
-an onion.
-3 tbsp of oil.
-Half cup of peas.
-Half a cup of corn.
-Half a cup of mushrooms.
-Small spoon of salt.
-Teaspoon of cumin.
-A little cinnamon.
-Half teaspoon ginger powder

Reactions: Lou
Tater tots, Cos lettuce, diced tomato and green mustard.

Green mustard is: Soaked pumpkin and mustard seeds, blended with vinegar, onion, salt and apple cider vinegar.

Boca Burger on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and aioli.
a small cup of corn, a small cup of baked beans.

Brunch:

Homemade flat wraps (whole wheat, water, crushed flax seed, salt) stuffed with:

- Scrambled tofu
- Caramelized onion
- Broccoli
- Cos lettuce
- Tater tots
- Umami Sauce

Umami Sauce is: Soaked pumpkin and flax seeds, unsweetened tomato sauce, garlic, lowered sodium Vegemite*, salt - blended with water.

*lowered sodium Aussie Vegemite contains B12, but normal Vegemite does not.

A thick seed and fruit drink smoothie (sunflower and pepita seeds, raisins)

I skip lunch on Friday. My routine would be a bit unusual for others, it has been this way the last couple of years or so, not always though. I nibbled on a bit of dark chocolate at midday though, while I am not really supposed to eat where I am right then. Before I left home in the morning I had whole wheat noodles with baby greens like spinach and kale, and hummus, with seasonings cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast, turmeric, thyme, and Bragg Organic Sprinkle Seasoning. I am preparing a hummus sandwich just now later in the afternoon here after I came home.

The left over crusts to my son's peanut butter sandwich.

Veggie stir fry with onion, mushrooms, green bell pepper, and beets, over a baked potato with homemade peanut sauce.

I also pickled the rest of the beets but they won't be ready until next month lol.

For my birthday lunch I had Field Roast sausage on a potato bun with stone ground mustard, Vegenaise, and sourkraut. On the side I had sea salt and lime tortilla chips dipped in guacamole. Then a vegan chocolate cupcake for dessert. Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.