What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burrito's tonight. My boyfriend has agreed to eat vegan this week, to see if he can officially make the transition (he eats vegan when it's my turn to cook). So I'm making all his favourite meals "veganised".

Vivera crispy escalopes, refried beans, lime and coriander rice, homemade salsa and guacamole, mixed leaves and Violife coconut cheese all wrapped up in a wholemeal tortilla. Fingers crossed he's a fan!

Burrito's tonight. My boyfriend has agreed to eat vegan this week, to see if he can officially make the transition (he eats vegan when it's my turn to cook). So I'm making all his favourite meals "veganised".

Vivera crispy escalopes, refried beans, lime and coriander rice, homemade salsa and guacamole, mixed leaves and Violife coconut cheese all wrapped up in a wholemeal tortilla. Fingers crossed he's a fan!
This sounds divine! I love Mexican food. How did your boyfriend like it?

I had Mexican last night. There is a chain of restaurants here that do vegan burritos. Mine had rice, beans, a spicy cauliflower mix (in place of meat), corn salsa, onion salsa, tomato salsa, guacamole, vegan sour cream and vegan cheese. It was so nice :)

Reactions: Emma JC and LoCo
This sounds divine! I love Mexican food. How did your boyfriend like it?

I had Mexican last night. There is a chain of restaurants here that do vegan burritos. Mine had rice, beans, a spicy cauliflower mix (in place of meat), corn salsa, onion salsa, tomato salsa, guacamole, vegan sour cream and vegan cheese. It was so nice :)

He loved it! So much so, that last night he had me make vegan burgers (The "I Am Vegan" ones from Aldi), and tonight I'm making my butternut squash and crispy sage risotto! WE MAY HAVE A CONVERT!

Corn salsa is unreal! I need to make some soon!

He loved it! So much so, that last night he had me make vegan burgers (The "I Am Vegan" ones from Aldi), and tonight I'm making my butternut squash and crispy sage risotto! WE MAY HAVE A CONVERT!

Corn salsa is unreal! I need to make some soon!
Oh that's awesome! My partner eats vegan with me every evening, and he tells people how good the vegan food is. That makes me really happy. His conversion is coming along slowly. He's got a personal trainer that keeps drilling the "protein" thing into him and giving him a supplement for this and a supplement for that. BUT in saying that....he has decided to give away all forms of pig meat. His reason being because of the cruelty involved in it's production. To push him, and attempt to shove veganism down his throat will only cause him to run in the opposite direction. I am letting it come along naturally, giving him good, healthy, vegan options and encouraging him along.

Last night we had pan cooked Beyond Burgers (one each) for the first time. Last week we had them on a BBQ and they were good. Last night's were just as good and we put some vegan cheese on as well. It is a quick cook on medium high, four minutes per side and put a lid on after putting the cheese on after the flip so it melts.

Emma JC

Reactions: LoCo and HappyRoxy
Speaking of burgers: well, first off, I don't often post in here, but last night my friend made me the most amazing bean & mushroom burger I've ever had....ever! If I didn't know better I'd say she added some addictive drug to her recipe. It was just so darn tasty! She said she would email me the recipe, so we shall see.

You know...I'm not normally this crazy about bean burgers, but whatever she did, she did it right. I guess nailing the seasoning was the first step. Whatever she did it had just the right amount of heat, salt, and overall flavour, including a wonderful smokiness. Mmm, I must have that recipe.

I will keep you posted. Although, she did mention something about having to kill me if she shared the recipe?? Not sure what that meant?

Reactions: Nekodaiden and LoCo
Speaking of burgers: well, first off, I don't often post in here, but last night my friend made me the most amazing bean & mushroom burger I've ever had....ever! If I didn't know better I'd say she added some addictive drug to her recipe. It was just so darn tasty! She said she would email me the recipe, so we shall see.

You know...I'm not normally this crazy about bean burgers, but whatever she did, she did it right. I guess nailing the seasoning was the first step. Whatever she did it had just the right amount of heat, salt, and overall flavour, including a wonderful smokiness. Mmm, I must have that recipe.

I will keep you posted. Although, she did mention something about having to kill me if she shared the recipe?? Not sure what that meant?

Bean and Magic Mushroom Burgers??

Please please please do update us with the recipe - we will send flowers if anything happens to you. ;)

Emma JC

Last night we had pan cooked Beyond Burgers (one each) for the first time. Last week we had them on a BBQ and they were good. Last night's were just as good and we put some vegan cheese on as well. It is a quick cook on medium high, four minutes per side and put a lid on after putting the cheese on after the flip so it melts.

Emma JC
That's the way we do it too! Yum!

Reactions: Emma JC
Not very hungry tonight after what I ate today, so I just had tater tots with sauce and some carrots. Sauce was a mixture of pasta sauce, salt, raw sugar, pepitas and mustard seeds, blended.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I haven't had tater tots in ages. They're good!

I saw "Krocks in the Kitchen" make their own version from just mashed potatoes, they called them potato puffs. There are lots of recipes out there for them and you just bake them in the oven or an air fryer.

Last night for dinner we had a Beyond Burger again and that will be the last we have. The whole place smells like burger (ugh) and they were just not that impressive. They are not all that healthy anyways and so unless I am invited to a BBQ or have to stop at a fast food place, I won't be eating them again, at least at home.

I would rather have the homemade split pea soup we made the night before.

Emma JC

Vegan pizza with basil, black olives, mushrooms, spinach, pineapple and crushed red pepper dipped in fresh vegan ranch made at the co-op deli.

It's not LA but I am grateful to live in a place that both delivers a vegan ? and also has a market deli that makes housemade vegan ranch.

Reactions: Emma JC
Last night was Field Roast Italian sausage with potato, mix of broccoli & brussel sprouts, mustard and topped with sauerkraut.

Dessert was 2 dates.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.