What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I marinated and then pan fried sliced tempeh in tamari, ACV, fresh ginger, coconut sugar and just a drop of oil.

Then I sauteed oyster mushrooms, water chestnuts, and more fresh ginger with a drizzle of tamari (they make their own water then it cooks off).

I put this all together in lettuce cups. It was AMAZING. I have been on a ginger kick lately.

I'll probably also have some vanilla cashew yogurt in a bit.

I had mostly enough food between breakfast and lunch, so dinner was relatively light, somewhat naughty and uninteresting:

2 minute noodles with cabbage plus a few slices of whole wheat bread. I had a few beers towards the end of the evening.

Edit: Ah, forgot. Before this I had an iced cherry drink: Water, frozen cherries, ice, raw sugar, blended.

gnocchi primavera w/Gardein meatballs (2 each)

onion, garlic, red pepper (bell), mushroom, zucchini, broccoli, arugula, spaghetti sauce, nooch, chili pepper sprinkles, nutritional yeast, lemon juice on top

so yummy and about to have the leftovers for lunch....

Emma JC

@Emma JC What do is your recipe for "gardein meatballs"

open freezer - open package - take out 4 of 12 meatballs - place in sauce already cooking on stove 😜

GN_MeatlessMeatballs_RGB-225x231.png

Emma JC

Oh I see :p

Ive seen those around I think, will give a try!

I love doing a good marinara with roasted vegetables over whatever legume pasta Im experimenting with (these would be a nice addition). I think I have settled on chickpea or edamame. The black bean I havent been able to really get into. Its a bit chalky? I did have it with some pesto that I had frozen from the garden crop and it was fine but didnt care for it with marinara.

marinara, that's the right term for what I made, not primavera... ty

Yeah, black bean is a bit tough as a noodle or pasta. The others are pea/bean ones are good although we tend to prefer whole grain.

Love pesto! this is my favourite recipe for pesto...

Emma JC
Yes! This is almost identical to what I do. In the summer I get quite a bit of basil from the garden and make several batches so I can enjoy in the winter. I used to do different batches with different nuts but they never were quite as good as the pine nuts imo. Lightly toasting them as the recipe says is so key. Really brings out the nuttiness. I also grew a few different varieties and experimented with that variable which was good fun. II have never tried the nooch in the batches as I didnt even know what it was until about two weeks ago :) but Ill do a batch next summer with it as it is now a staple in my spice cupboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.