What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I had some ripe bananas so I made an oatmeal banana bread this morning. It is vegan.

View attachment 25575

I will have to freeze half of it.
I googled a few recipes for oatmeal banana. It sounds like something I would like. If you have a recipe you can share I wouldn’t mind. 😊

I googled a few recipes for oatmeal banana. It sounds like something I would like. If you have a recipe you can share I wouldn’t mind. 😊
I had printed the recipe out from a website. I thought maybe it was One Green Planet because I get a daily email from them but I haven't found it yet.

Found it!

I used cashew milk because that is what I had.

Found it!

I used cashew milk because that is what I had.
Thanks!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Zucchini bread. I ran out of ripe bananas. The zucchini is a nice change. It came out really good.
But I watched my grandkids and Vischer last night while daughter and SIL went out to dinner. She gave me her four bananas that are perfect for making bread. I’ll make two loaves today.

In the oven…A banana bread with walnuts and one banana/peanut butter/oatmeal with a few chocolate chips sprinkled in. I hope that one comes out good!
All of the breads I’ve been making have been delicious taste wise but one banana came out dense and a little dry and one zucchini came out too mushy as if it were under cooked only it wasn’t. It seems the zucchini breads are always the most moist. Not sure why when I’m following a recipe. But they taste really good and are better the second day. They also taste better sliced and air fried for five minutes. I did that with the dry banana bread and put a small smear of vegan butter on it. Yum.

There both rising beautifully …15 minutes to go. 🤞🏼

Two tofu bakes; a courgette/shallot/basil one and a plain one. I'll have a slice with either a salad or vegetables during the course of the week. I had lots of tofu leftover as I bought a few packs that were on so at Lidl's. It's a German brand ans is far tastier compared to French tofu.

Two small, air fried aubergine bakes made with white and pink aubergines/pasata/oregano/smoked paprika/pink garlic/ topped with Nurishh vegan cheese/yeast flakes/sprinkle of garlic plus a drizzle of evo.
Prepared a ww organic couscous style tabouleh with tomatoes from the garden/cucumbers/fresh mint & parsley/lemon vinaigrette.