What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I got Just Mayo at either Publix or Walmart, I don't remember which. I don't do the vinegar kind.
Our Walmart doesn't carry it anymore, not in store nor online. I give up, I'll buy EB. I like to use mayo instead of spread, and no palm oil either

I use very little mayo but I like to have some on hand in case I get in the mood for potato salad! Publix must be where I got it. I remember thinking it was good to see it back.

I made snacky balls with date paste, natural peanut butter, ground oats, cocoa, and hemp seeds.. Those are so filling, I've been having 3-4 for breakfast this week.
I think I'll make a barley mushroom and cabbage soup. I have to admit, it doesn't really appeal to me, even less now that I written it down :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
I made snacky balls with date paste, natural peanut butter, ground oats, cocoa, and hemp seeds.. Those are so filling, I've been having 3-4 for breakfast this week.
I think I'll make a barley mushroom and cabbage soup. I have to admit, it doesn't really appeal to me, even less now that I written it down :rofl:

love the sound of the snacky balls

the soup does sound blah and bland... maybe rename it to Tasty Tomatoey Veggie Cabbage Soup with barley and mushrooms :lick:

Emma JC

love the sound of the snacky balls

the soup does sound blah and bland... maybe rename it to Tasty Tomatoey Veggie Cabbage Soup with barley and mushrooms :lick:

Emma JC
Tomato and barley sound like things I'd add to the thread "things that don't go together" :rofl:
I never did make it.
I used to like mushroom barley soup, maybe I;ll make it now
I just made a flatbread pizza with peppers, onions, olives and some mushrooms, and my rice cheese-It doesn't melt but gets soft and really good

I am roasting a ton of free veggies I got from my friend's CSA: beets, Brussels sprouts, carrots, turnips and potatoes. I gave her chocolate chip cookies and cranberry bread in return. :) Trading is good.

Best yet--

And a seitan ham to use the rest of the sauerkraut, for ruebens! Wish I had rye bread though...

overnight crock pot beans - 1/2 pinto and 1/2 small white beans with some onion and spices

will make some of my tomato bean veggie soup tonight and freeze the rest

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
I just took a nut roast out of the oven. My kitchen smells divine! I also made mashed potatoes and a broccoli and vegan cheese casserole in preparation for my Thanksgiving Day feast. I might make turnips. Then I will just have just creamed peas and carrots left for cooking tomorrow. I need to make hummus and some sort of biscuit.

Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I just took a nut roast out of the oven. My kitchen smells divine! I also made mashed potatoes and a broccoli and vegan cheese casserole in preparation for my Thanksgiving Day feast. I might make turnips. Then I will just have just creamed peas and carrots left for cooking tomorrow. I need to make hummus and some sort of biscuit.
That sounds delicious. I always make roast parsnips and brussels with nut roast.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
That sounds delicious. I always make roast parsnips and brussels with nut roast.
I would have loved brussels, but with our Covid numbers going up of late, I wasn't keen on hitting the market too often. Everything came out wonderfully. Nut roast is my new favorite holiday food. I've frozen half and will have it the week of Christmas and New Year's. :) I had made chickpea cutlets for years for my holiday protein, and of course, I still love them, but the nut roast takes the meal up a notch. I would love to share the nut roast with my family because I think they would really enjoy it. It's so savory and rich.

I haven't made those chickpea cutlets in sooo long! I cook them a bit differently, dredged in seasoned flour, sauteed on both sides, then add broth and simmer till it's absorbed.
I made a whole bag of stuffing mix with celery, onions, and mushrooms. I like to add more to it, but without water chestnuts I felt it was enough. I love water chestnuts in stuffing!

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15